A fun little experiment: Conquer the world with one Mech

aerohoff

Chieftain
I was getting a little antsy waiting for civ5, so I decided to mix it up a bit. I wanted to see if I could conquer the world with one of the giant mechs from the Next War mod. And to my delight, I failed.

Here's how I set it up.
Normal start on prince/standard size/continents as Ragnar. I opened the world builder and gave myself a mech (and a couple bears for lols). Obviously the mech is way to powerful for the beginning of the game so I had to handicap myself with a few rules:
  1. I can't build settlers.
  2. I can only keep barb cities, must burn rivals' cities.
  3. Can't use anything but mech offensively.

The bears can't enter borders, so I set them to auto-explore. One of them actually got up to 10 exp battling other animals and one barb warrior (the next one killed it).

I had no problem conquering my continent and burning the germans, the dutch and one other civ with my mech. While I rushed to astronomy, so I could get my mech to the other continent, I captured 4 barb cities.
On the other continent the Americans and Gilgamesh had expanded to cover the whole place. America was closest so I attacked them first. I burned through like 7 of their cities before they capitulated with Gilgamesh. The Americans didn't once attack my mech, but when I attacked Gilgamesh, he killed my mech with a stack of knights and macemen.

Fun times. I might try again with a tank and a galleon. Maybe a larger world.

I liked the part about the bears. Do you have any more bear stories?

I did something like that with a bunch of tanks once when I got bored of a game I was only a couple turns into.

<taps foot> And where were the bears in that story?

Top Bottom