1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A Game with Roosevelt, a Veritable Powerhouse

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Pete2006, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Pete2006

Pete2006 Prince

I agree that maintenance expenses suck but 7 cities will produce more than 5 cities can even if there is some overlap. Plus, all the cities are benefiting from the GL, Colossus and cheap courthouses.

2. mystyfly

mystyfly Knight of Cydonia

Hi there

just read your previous games (including the unfinished one :confused:), I really like them :thumbsup: (nearly as much as your personal HOF :p)

I think focusing on military only now is the way to go - attack alex, get a tasty shrine and go on warring cathy.
    You can save the GM for future rifle upgrades. No need to hurry things, the bigger the trade route income of the mission city the more cash. You're doing great tech-wise so no real need to bulb anything, however a GA in-between wars could be a good idea, especially if you get another Prophet...

3. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Its a bit picky but if you'd put stone/incense 1S it would have been a bridge city so you didn't have to sail around your isthmus.

4. Carabodes

Carabodes Timid Viking Warlady

That can be easily fixed by building a fort in the desert 1E of that city. That will function as a canal enabling him (and IIRC only him, not the AI) to get easy direct access to eastern/western seas with his navy.

5. Yxklyx

Yxklyx King

Newbie question here. So your first build was a Worker and your second was Stonehenge? Looks like you got one of the best city spots I've ever seen. The only way it could have been better is if you had Stone instead of Marble.

6. Abegweit

Abegweit Anarchist trader

Going worker-Stonehenge is not unusual for a wonder-spamming game at emperor. You have to get the wonder out early. So worker develops the land and the city grows while building the marvel. Nice synergy.

Edit: and I disagree with you about the capital. It is good, but not great. Seriously short on food.