1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

A new, 4th affinity?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Blue3, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

Classifying "Domination" as a fourth Affinity doesn't really make sense in my opinion. I guess you could classify it as a "subcategory" of the Affinities, because Empires that go for Domination have decided that their primary goal is to make sure they own the planet instead of focusing on the actual Affinity-related Goal, but it's not in itself an Affinity. Any Empire that focuses on conquering the planet still focuses on one or two Affinities that are the driving forces behind their motives, and I think it's pretty clear that they will go back to achieving their Affinity-Related goal after making sure they have full control of the planet, even though that's not reflected in the domination victory itself.