A New Dawn Error

ihmcguinness

Chieftain
I'm getting this error:

XML Error
tag: z ADER_BARBARIAN in Info class was incorrect
current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.sml

I've got RoM 2.8 (patched to 2.81), and tried to install A New Dawn. This error occurs when I try to load the mod in BtS.

Any ideas?

I'm getting this error:

XML Error
tag: z ADER_BARBARIAN in Info class was incorrect
current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.sml

I've got RoM 2.8 (patched to 2.81), and tried to install A New Dawn. This error occurs when I try to load the mod in BtS.

Any ideas?

It means that AND did not install correctly, and could not find it's required files. Make sure you selected your Rise of Mankind folder when you installed, as the default path is only the default path for those of you who bought BTS. Complete and Steam editions have to redirect it to where their mod folders are.

yep, mine is steam, but I did chose the appropriate folder. tried the install about 10 times because I kept messing up certain steps, but every time i removed it completely and reinstalled.

yep, mine is steam, but I did chose the appropriate folder. tried the install about 10 times because I kept messing up certain steps, but every time i removed it completely and reinstalled.

Check two things for me:

1.) Go to your Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules folder, and tell me all the folders there. Is there a folder named "Afforess" there?

2.) If you load Civ completely, ignoring the error, and go into the civilopedia, is there a section at the bottom called "A New Dawn Concepts"?

Oh hey, I have this same problem. I do have the Afforess folder there, but I can't load civ completely, as it crashes soon after I get the error. RoM works just fine on its own if I uninstall AND, and I did everything correctly as far as I can tell.

A note that may or may not be important, I guess; I did buy BtS, but I still had to redirect it to some weird folder in an obscure place (something like user/me/documents/mygames/beyond the sword/MODS/Rise of Mankind). But I adjusted the 1.53 install and 1.54 patch accordingly, so it shouldn't have been a problem.

A note that may or may not be important, I guess; I did buy BtS, but I still had to redirect it to some weird folder in an obscure place (something like user/me/documents/mygames/beyond the sword/MODS/Rise of Mankind). But I adjusted the 1.53 install and 1.54 patch accordingly, so it shouldn't have been a problem.

AND doesn't seem to work when placed in the "Documents" folder. You MUST use the program files location.

Alright, thank you. How do I change that in the game?

Yes I get that, but the game will always load from the documents folder. How do I change the default folder the game loads mods from?

Yes I get that, but the game will always load from the documents folder. How do I change the default folder the game loads mods from?

Just make sure the Mods folder in the Documents is empty. AFAIK, the folder's are all hardcoded in the dll.

When I leave the documents folder empty, Rise of Mankind doesn't show up in the Load a Mod menu.

When I leave the documents folder empty, Rise of Mankind doesn't show up in the Load a Mod menu.

Then you put RoM in the wrong mod folder. It needs to be in the Beyond the Sword/MODS folder, whereever you installed it to. (Usually C:/program files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization IV/ Beyond the Sword/Mods)

That's where it is, but it's not showing up.

Well they show up but they're not in that folder. I have no idea where those mods are.

Well they show up but they're not in that folder. I have no idea where those mods are.

Rise of Mankind needs to be in the same folder as those mods. Go track it down with the search utility.

Okay, so I found that folder and put it in there. Now I no longer get that error, but the game still crashes right after it says "Loading XML (Rise of Mankind).

Update: I got it to work, but I couldn't patch to 1.54. Still though, I'm happy. Thanks for all your help, and merry Christmas.

Top Bottom