A New Dawn on Earth and the Space Adventure II

Also Internet Explorer stopped the download. But it had Continue button! Such AMAZING feature! Mod downloaded, installed, & working! I need to change some of the settings, but now I need to hurry up to work.

I didn't need to do that :undecide:

Great, Mattik! Did you test (opened) the provided save on post #1, with no problems?

Hi,

I got the save.

Unfortunately I could not open it, the ROM mod just crashed. Could not read the errors in time - seemed quite catastrophic. I will try to get the mod reinstalled today or tomorrow.

And you Psza, success with the reinstallation?

Great, Mattik! Did you test (opened) the provided save on post #1, with no problems?
It works. But it had some differences to the screenshot with BUG Mod Options. I could have a problem with it:
Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG

Do you see anything different from screenshot on the first page? Cannot claim water tiles is not there but instead there is Mercy Rule. I believe I followed installation instruction on the first post to the letter (Steam version). Where I could have frakked up?

I tried to load the game again. But caught the error messages this time:

Error: Failed to uncompress game data.

Error: Leader Theodora info Class incorrect ... Leaderheads Theodora ... DiplomacyInfo.XML.

So sounds like a problem with XML config files.

XML look ok in C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ROM-AND-MULTI\Assets\XML

Has anyone come across this problem? Is a fresh install the best solution?

Attachments

• Assets.png
    Assets.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
It works. But it had some differences to the screenshot with BUG Mod Options. I could have a problem with it:
View attachment 464590
Do you see anything different from screenshot on the first page? Cannot claim water tiles is not there but instead there is Mercy Rule. I believe I followed installation instruction on the first post to the letter (Steam version). Where I could have frakked up?

It is curious! But I think it doesn't matter. The two option must be deselected. the next players are: psza, imperator knoedel, me, alvarez, Hercules, and then, you. During this time, you can try to learn the new aspects provided by the mod. Bellow, the last save from your predecessor, Academia.

With it, you can know what is the current situation of your civilization. But remember, you must not play this turn! It was already played by my wife and the turn was already passed to the next players. So, wait your next time, and then, take the control of your civilization and lead your people to the glory!

If you have any doubts, please post here.

I will send the password by PM.

Attachments

• Mandritto BC-4425.CivBeyondSwordSave
    198.1 KB · Views: 100
I tried to load the game again. But caught the error messages this time:

Error: Failed to uncompress game data.

Error: Leader Theodora info Class incorrect ... Leaderheads Theodora ... DiplomacyInfo.XML.

So sounds like a problem with XML config files.

XML look ok in C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ROM-AND-MULTI\Assets\XML

Has anyone come across this problem? Is a fresh install the best solution?

Hi Pete, could you send me the save? I can try to open it here.

It is curious! But I think it doesn't matter. The two option must be deselected. the next players are: psza, imperator knoedel, me, alvarez, Hercules, and then, you. During this time, you can try to learn the new aspects provided by the mod. Bellow, the last save from your predecessor, Academia.
Oh-kay, I had time to check it out more carefully now. I also looked at BUG Mod Options and it checks out identical to the screenshot. Maybe BUG Mod Options is just different for single player where I took the screenshot?

Oh-kay, I had time to check it out more carefully now. I also looked at BUG Mod Options and it checks out identical to the screenshot. Maybe BUG Mod Options is just different for single player where I took the screenshot?

Yes. It is possible. Did you open the file I sent?

Could you send me the save? I can try to open it here.

I've emailed you the Save. Yes I agree, curious Theodora is not Leader in the XML files ...

Thanks Phylhom.

I had a go at installing it this evening. No success.

I'm not sure if the patch failed to apply; but I did not get the Option 'Claim Water Tiles'. And the game save would not load ...

Sorry but I may not get another go 'til the weekend ...

Thanks Phylhom.

I had a go at installing it this evening. No success.

I'm not sure if the patch failed to apply; but I did not get the Option 'Claim Water Tiles'. And the game save would not load ...

Sorry but I may not get another go 'til the weekend ...

Unfortunately, I think you will have to reinstall Civilization and your mods.

Hi again,

I'm still having problems, which I think is applying the patch. As I still don't have the 'Cannot Claim Water Tiles' option.

I found an old Exe and Patch file in my downloads folder. Both say version 1.75.

I've run the Exe and I get a folder:

Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

I then run hte patch, I believe I just point it at this folder. (It's what the installer seems to say.)

It says Patch successfully installed and I get a sub folder in Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn, which is also called

Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

It doesn't seem quite right somehow. And an attempt pointing the Patch at another location, but this seems to get an Error in applying hte patch.

Please could you confirm what file structure I should be getting?

I'm re-downloading the 1.75 Exe / Patch again. Says it's about 30mins

Hi again,

I'm still having problems, which I think is applying the patch. As I still don't have the 'Cannot Claim Water Tiles' option.
I didn't see it either when I started single player with the mod. Then I loaded up the PBEM save and it shows up there. Have you tried loading the save? You need to do it through MULTIPLAYER and PLAY BY E-MAIL menus. If save loads up and works but has some settings different, load up single player and change those in there what you can see. Don't try fix anything else. I want to get started with this before Civ7 comes out.

Unfortunately, Psza could not fix his problems, so, my wife will play his turn, this time, so the game can continue to move.

Edit: My wife played the psza's turn and I sent the save to Knoedel. the game is moving again.
I hope during the players cycle completion, we can fix the problems with psza.

Last edited:
Nope, never received that save.

Knoedel, here is your turn:

Attachments

• Space_Adventure_BC-4425_to_Imperator_Knoedel.CivBeyondSwordSave
    198.4 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom