A note to map makers, please read

Originally posted by LouLong

Waoa !

It reminds me of the time when I had to do the screen captures for you ;)

what, that has never happended:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Malta
Thunderfall, perhaps you could edit your original post adding this suggestion:

The attached (txt/doc) file should have a unique name, preferably resembling the name of your map. So if your map is called "Sweden versus Denmark", you could name it say "sweVSden", rather than just calling the file readme.txt/readme.doc.

As a mapmaker and player in the Heroes community, this (naming attached files in a meaningful way) is considered common decency, and I think it would be nice if the Civ mapmakers could also get into the habit. As it is now, when I download a couple of maps I suddenly have several text-files which don´t reveal to which map they belong and which are called almost the same. That's confusing...

With that said, a great thanks to the people that actually bother creating maps.

Actually, I have this problem from several games, not to mention all the other files from various proggies I've picked up. I have, still, over 900 "readme.txt" files on my system.

Here's what I do:
I take that file and rename it to "WhateverTheProgramIs Called.rme" so that I can tell by a search which readme I want to open. I tagged .rme files so they open in Notepad and they automagically open when double clicked.

im looking for a bix to bmp @ bmp to bix utility...

also how can i make a bigger than 160x 160 map? i am using civ3ptw

the idea is that i want to use the existing southern Greece i have made and add northern Greece as well :)

Attachments

• χωρίς τίτλο.GIF
    χωρίς τίτλο.GIF
    13.4 KB · Views: 627
I have a question, I want o make maps and well being new to this who mod idea, is there a way I can load a picture into a map maker generate a map and place my items? Ive seen some maps of f-15's and abrams tanks and ppl. Anyone know where I can get a program that will do this? I have some great shots on my pc that I would love to turn into maps....

Map makers please say what type of file extention there is on your map, i.e. .map - .bic - .bix - .biq etc...

Thank you!

krazyday said:
How do i add files to post threads? Like maps, scenarios...plz help!
Below the text box, smilies, and submit button is another area called 'additional options' - which includes an attachment feature. The other option is uploading to the server. You can do that by clicking the upload link at the bottom of the webpage (a new window opens with instructions).

I too am looking for the .bmp to .bix utility. I thought I read about one some time ago, but I can't find it anywhere. :confused:

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Do I need third-party imaging software to create and post a thumbnail of say, the minimap or a screenshot, into a thread? I noticed several threads include thumbnails. Can I do this with the MS Paint or something else within WinXPPro?
Thanks for any advice.:blush:

Nevermind the previous request. I finally figured it out, with a little help.:blush:

Top Bottom