A per-continent Rhye's and Fall??

Now that Rhye's game will not be incorporating all the new civs that will be available in BtS (and thank goodness for that), I was thinking if it wasn't too much trouble of course, what about making a Rhye's and Fall mod on a continent-map, especially for areas that are already overcrowded in the world map such as Europe, the Mediterranean world or the Middle East?

I think that this would really help the player who wants to see a large France or Spain with 5-6 cities in Europe instead of just 1-3 (without taking someone else's land) as it is in the world game. For the Middle East, there would be a way to incorporate Sumer, I understand if this cannot be done for every continent but if it could be done for just Europe or the Middle East I think it would really be a nice addition.

While I am certainly not as talented a modder as Rhye, I and I'm sure others as well would be willing to help out with what we can do.

Nice idea, I'd like to play Rhye's focused to colonization. If Rhye hasn't the time to mod this, I hope Vishaing has. Though the balancing of civs and city placing/naming maps would consume a lot of time.

No, not me. This variant would be a hell to do. The longer ancient era proposal instead is much easier, but I have no time and I'll leave it to Vishiang.
I have another thing in mind I'll reveal soon.

Reveal soon?

*waits for 5 seconds*

Will you reveal it now?

Edit: Has anyone seen Vishaing in a while? He's a great modder but the problem is that he's not much active...

Yeah, I know, I really need to work on my activiity.
If its any consolation, i do look at this board and read most of the threads daily, so if anyone wants to get a hold of me, feel free to PM me.

On a minor note, I have been busy on the outside testing the Dale's Combat mod to see if I could merge it with RFC++. And I have an answer.

No.

After every battle with just Dale's Combat mod, i experienced at least a full minute delay before the game resumed. Furthermore, with RFC there would also be the stability from battles modifiers, and while I normally would just say 'to Hades with the load times I want Gameplay', this is too much for even me.

Now then, a per continent RFC. Hmmm. I'm not sure what you mean, but it sounds interesting. Please explain.

As for the longer Ancient age. I've always wanted to lengthen the game in general, so I will definately take a look into it. I will probably go Era by Era lengthening all of them. The main problem with this, is finding a way to advance multiple weeks/months per turn, for the modern age. I'll start looking into the multiple weeks per turn thing, though if I can't make it possible, I can always leave the modern age alone (I think its already pretty decent), and just extend everything else. That will in fact be exceedingly simple.

Better than RFC per Continent, is just the Stability fuction in a randon map, that can be used in a lot of mods.

And for the modern age, a Season clock is better =p "Winter, Spring, Summer e Autumn"...

Vishaing@ I think he means a map that only has some part of the world, for example Mediterranean area or Middle East&Persia.

That's what I thought, and about the season clock, that might work. Again though, the main problem will be if I cannot get it to progress through multiple seasons per turn like you can't with weeks and months. Because if you couldn't, I would have to make each turn even in the ancient age 1 season, and 16000+ turns is more than anyone wants in the ancient age I think. :lol:

As for just stability in a random map. That would probably be pretty easy. I think I could probably pull that out of the code in a few days. Though it would also require pulling the Rhye's and Fall code out too, as otherwise civs would just collapse and be gone forever. And it will take some more work to get that working. Perhaps the stability code could just be combined with the dynamic spawn code that other person whose name escapes me made. The Barbarian start code I think it was called.

As for the longer Ancient age. I've always wanted to lengthen the game in general, so I will definately take a look into it. I will probably go Era by Era lengthening all of them. The main problem with this, is finding a way to advance multiple weeks/months per turn, for the modern age. I'll start looking into the multiple weeks per turn thing, though if I can't make it possible, I can always leave the modern age alone (I think its already pretty decent), and just extend everything else. That will in fact be exceedingly simple.

Please make the ancient era longer. Right now those years go by really fast!

I feel the same, I always feel so rushed in RFC and especially in ancient era. When playing as Carthage some time ago, I felt like I had to spend the whole ancient era just preparing for the medieval era, without really being able to pursue goals just for the ancient era.

Top Bottom