A Proper Score Graph

Ok, I did that. I couldn't find a nice way of accessing the attachment (and it wouldn't let me attach the same file again), so I copied the link from the release post. There has to be a better way, though..?

ulfn, how about a version 1.65 without the research addition? Only the corrections on the demographics tab and such?

Thing is that it sounds to me that (with the research addition) all those python files have to be changed and that it might mix things up for multiplayer (same version issue perhaps)

Actually, if you don't want the research stuff, just extract CvInfoScreen, ResearchProgress and DataStorage (the latter two just so that the info screen won't complain about non-existing imports), and don't worry about all the complicated file changes. This way no research history will be recorded and you'll get a blank research graph.

What are the issues with multiplayer by the way?

ulfn said:
Actually, if you don't want the research stuff, just extract CvInfoScreen, ResearchProgress and DataStorage (the latter two just so that the info screen won't complain about non-existing imports), and don't worry about all the complicated file changes. This way no research history will be recorded and you'll get a blank research graph.

You're getting more information than you should be....

This also makes this mod GOTM-unfriendly....

Req

ulfn said:
Ok, I did that. I couldn't find a nice way of accessing the attachment (and it wouldn't let me attach the same file again), so I copied the link from the release post. There has to be a better way, though..?

? Hmmm, I was able to do it in my mods, but then again I just uploaded my attachments.

Req

Requies said:
You're getting more information than you should be....

This also makes this mod GOTM-unfriendly....

True. Well, as I said, you don't have to hook up the research history stuff.

Cool mod -- definately looks great.

Since this is an active thread and you've put up a lot of versions could you maybe recap the latest version on your Page1 post? Also I'd appreciate it if you had a 'GOTM-allowed' version on your first Page1 post that didn't show the extra information.

Thanks for the cool mod -- I can probably dig out what I need from the many versions but a recap would be great.

ulfn said:

Was it a big change to have the demographics screen show proper (I mean that error where the players' army number was also showed in the smallest civ army and perhaps some more I forgot about)
If it's just a few lines or a small block of code, I could change/copy it myself.
Except for that, I'm quite happy with what the previous version showed, and it is multiplayer safe (for the info I mean then).

It's otherwise great, but I don't like that it shows me names of leaders I've not yet met in the demographics screen.

Thanks a lot! That is wonderful! :goodjob: I always wanted a more Civ1-like scoregraph.

Skari said:
It's otherwise great, but I don't like that it shows me names of leaders I've not yet met in the demographics screen.
Changes v1.8:

- Doesn't show the names of leaders you haven't met.
- Split the statistics table in two, one for units and one for buildings.

Download: View attachment psg1_8.zip

How strict are the GOTM rules? Obviously the research graph gives away too much information. The other extra bits of information I have added are
- Show the city in which a wonder has been built (only completed wonders).
- Show the name and score of the best/worst rival in demographics tab.
Should I remove these as well from a GOTM version of the mod?

Also, is there a way for the mod to detect if you're playing a GOTM? If there is I wouldn't have to release a separate version, which would be nice.

Well, I participate in a PBEM after installing the 1.6 version, and no other player complained that according to the game I have another version, nor a warning popup.

Sorry to bother, I installed 1.8 according to your instructions, but I don't see any graph when I select "Research". Do I have to fix anything? - Otherwise it works well. I like especially your changes to the demographics section!

Awsome. The original graph and civilpedia done by firaxis were obviously programmed by people who failed their Human Interface Engineering (AKA Graphica User Interface) class at school! Thanks so so much, this really helps!!!

CellKu said:
Sorry to bother, I installed 1.8 according to your instructions, but I don't see any graph when I select "Research". Do I have to fix anything? - Otherwise it works well. I like especially your changes to the demographics section!

You can only see the researches you have made AFTER intalling the file.
It´s best to start a new game.

GeoModder said:
Was it a big change to have the demographics screen show proper (I mean that error where the players' army number was also showed in the smallest civ army and perhaps some more I forgot about)
If it's just a few lines or a small block of code, I could change/copy it myself.

I reimplemented that function so I don't know how much work it would be to patch the old one. Probably not that much, but you would have to get down to some python hackery.

Delta187 said:
You can only see the researches you have made AFTER intalling the file.
It´s best to start a new game.
Oh, thanks for the information!

Hi all!
Is this mod still uncompatible with GOTM?
Are you planning to make compatible version?

Top Bottom