A simple guide to compiling the DLL

Which file is CvGameCoreDLL.sln? It says that is the one you are suppose to load in the visual thing but the only ones I have named that are NCB file, C++ source, C/C++ Header, rc file, VC++ project. Which one am i suppose to use?

This is the line above
1>NMAKE : warning U4011: 'Debug\CvGameCoreDLL.dll' : not all dependents available; target not built

you must be missing something... not sure thpugh

j_mie6

Your snippet shows that you were creating a Release dll and not a debug one:

1>------ Build started: Project: CvGameCoreDLL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

There is a drop-down in in VC++ on the toolbar that allows you to change the build type so you will need to change this from 'Release' to 'Debug'

I also notice that the build was unable to copy the completed dll to your mods folder.

1> COPY "Release\CvGameCoreDLL.dll" "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\New Leader\Assets\."
1>Access is denied.
1> 0 file(s) copied.

Whilst this isn't really a problem as you can manually copy the completed dll it may be down to you having Civ open at the time, or Windows UAC being enabled.

@dacubz145

First rule of debugging is deal with the errors one at a time

If you could go to the top of the build output and then scroll down posting the first error message that you get then that would be a good start for us to determine what the root cause is. You should post several lines above the error message and a few after as well.

I never used it. but I'm guessing you should call GC.enableDLLProfiler(true) and then startProfilingDLL(), and then use PROFILE_FUNC, or the other macros int FProfiler.h.

You might need to enable something in a configuration file. :dunno:

If that doesn't work, you can replace the calls to gDLL->BeginSample() and gDLL->EndSample with something you write yourself, I guess.

Hi guys, I am confused, I used to be able to compile .dll's and now I can't. I have run back through the tutorial and only used the files/folders from the downloads. Now when I try to compile it I get these errors?

1>operable program or batch file.
1>NMAKE : warning U4010: 'Release\CvGameCoreDLL.res' : build failed; /K specified, continuing ...
1>NMAKE : warning U4011: 'Release\CvGameCoreDLL.dll' : not all dependents available; target not built
1>NMAKE : warning U4011: 'Release' : not all dependents available; target not built
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"

I am not sure what they mean..help appreciated!

Attachments

• BuildLog.rar
    3.2 KB · Views: 122
you seem to be using the original sdk as your working folder, shouldn't that be sacrosanct anyway?

does rc.exe actually exist? in the microsoft sdk folder

oh no it is not the original, it is just th same name ibn my mod folder :)

I shall check for rc.exe

EDIT brilliant that led me to the fix, my SDK folder was changed from another project i did a while ago, and failed..., anyway redownloading the SDKs folder and putting it in a new place and updating the path did the trick! Much thanks!

Can anyone help me?
When compiling a debug dll, I get the following error:
1>Boost-1.32.0\include\boost\python\object\pointer_holder.hpp(77) : fatal error C1067: compiler limit : debug information module size exceeded
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"D:\...\Visual C++ 2008\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
1>Stop.

These are the lines from 76-79 in the pointer_holder.hpp:
Code:
    inline void* holds_wrapped(type_info, ...)
    {
        return 0;
    }

The dll compiles perfectly for Final_Release version
This problem only comes up for Debug version

Can anyone help me?
When compiling a debug dll, I get the following error:
1>Boost-1.32.0\include\boost\python\object\pointer_holder.hpp(77) : fatal error C1067: compiler limit : debug information module size exceeded

These are the lines from 76-79 in the pointer_holder.hpp:
Code:
    inline void* holds_wrapped(type_info, ...)
    {
        return 0;
    }

The dll compiles perfectly for Final_Release version
This problem only comes up for Debug version
The problem is actually a compiler problem, not a problem of the code or the runtime. Boost::python uses templates heavily and the compiler can run into some memory and debug database limits.
The solution is quite simple: You need to split your code in which you expose the methods to Python into more cpp files (that is why you already find several CyInfoInterface files for instance).

The problem is actually a compiler problem, not a problem of the code or the runtime. Boost::python uses templates heavily and the compiler can run into some memory and debug database limits.
The solution is quite simple: You need to split your code in which you expose the methods to Python into more cpp files (that is why you already find several CyInfoInterface files for instance).

Oh, thanks
How do I know which was the .cpp file which caused the memory limit issue?

The solution is quite simple

Hmm, I never added new files to the dll, so it might not be that simple to me...
I only have to put the new (split) files into the .vcporj file?

EDIT: Seems it really was simple ;)
Thanks again!

really? you just add them in?! perfect, that means I will be able to use new files for my crusade feature in JMM :D

EDIT: Seems it really was simple ;)
Thanks again!

I was happy too early
I have split the files, added them to the .vcproj file and into their class in the CvDLLPython.cpp
Yet I still get this error on compiling:
Code:
1>CvDLLPython.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl CyGlobalContextPythonInterface5(class boost::python::class_<class CyGlobalContext,struct boost::python::detail::not_specified,struct boost::python::detail::not_specified,struct boost::python::detail::not_specified> &)" (?CyGlobalContextPythonInterface5@@YAXAAV?$class_@VCyGlobalContext@@Unot_specified@detail@python@boost@@U2345@U2345@@python@boost@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl DLLPublishToPython(void)" (?DLLPublishToPython@@YAXXZ)
1>Final_Release\CvGameCoreDLL.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

EDIT: After a quick internet search: probably it's just a small mistake in my makefile

Ehh, it seems I made another mistake in the Makefile when correcting the previous one
Code:
1>   Creating library Debug\CvGameCoreDLL.lib and object Debug\CvGameCoreDLL.exp
1>CvCity.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cityLost(class CvCity *)" (?cityLost@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvCity@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvCity::kill(bool)" (?kill@CvCity@@QAEX_N@Z)
1>CvTeam.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvEventReporter & __cdecl CvEventReporter::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvEventReporter@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvEventReporter & __cdecl CvEventReporter::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvEventReporter@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvEventReporter & __cdecl CvEventReporter::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvEventReporter@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvEventReporter & __cdecl CvEventReporter::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvEventReporter@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvPlayerAI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvEventReporter & __cdecl CvEventReporter::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvEventReporter@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvPlot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvEventReporter & __cdecl CvEventReporter::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvEventReporter@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvCity.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvEventReporter & __cdecl CvEventReporter::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvEventReporter@@SAAAV1@XZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvCity::kill(bool)" (?kill@CvCity@@QAEX_N@Z)
1>CvDLLButtonPopup.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvEventReporter & __cdecl CvEventReporter::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvEventReporter@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvDLLWidgetData.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvEventReporter & __cdecl CvEventReporter::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvEventReporter@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvDeal.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvEventReporter & __cdecl CvEventReporter::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvEventReporter@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvCity.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cityDoTurn(class CvCity *,enum PlayerTypes)" (?cityDoTurn@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvCity@@W4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvCity::doTurn(void)" (?doTurn@CvCity@@QAEXXZ)
1>CvCity.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cityHurry(class CvCity *,enum HurryTypes)" (?cityHurry@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvCity@@W4HurryTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvCity::hurry(enum HurryTypes)" (?hurry@CvCity@@QAEXW4HurryTypes@@@Z)
1>CvCity.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cultureExpansion(class CvCity *,enum PlayerTypes)" (?cultureExpansion@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvCity@@W4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvCity::setCultureLevel(enum CultureLevelTypes,bool)" (?setCultureLevel@CvCity@@QAEXW4CultureLevelTypes@@_N@Z)
1>CvDLLButtonPopup.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendExtendedGame(void)" (?sendExtendedGame@CvMessageControl@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked(class CvPopup *,class PopupReturn *,class CvPopupInfo &)" (?OnOkClicked@CvDLLButtonPopup@@UAEXPAVCvPopup@@PAVPopupReturn@@AAVCvPopupInfo@@@Z)
1>CvDLLButtonPopup.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendDiploVote(int,enum PlayerVoteTypes)" (?sendDiploVote@CvMessageControl@@QAEXHW4PlayerVoteTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked(class CvPopup *,class PopupReturn *,class CvPopupInfo &)" (?OnOkClicked@CvDLLButtonPopup@@UAEXPAVCvPopup@@PAVPopupReturn@@AAVCvPopupInfo@@@Z)
1>CvDLLButtonPopup.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendChooseElection(int,int)" (?sendChooseElection@CvMessageControl@@QAEXHH@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked(class CvPopup *,class PopupReturn *,class CvPopupInfo &)" (?OnOkClicked@CvDLLButtonPopup@@UAEXPAVCvPopup@@PAVPopupReturn@@AAVCvPopupInfo@@@Z)
1>CvDLLButtonPopup.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendConvert(enum ReligionTypes)" (?sendConvert@CvMessageControl@@QAEXW4ReligionTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked(class CvPopup *,class PopupReturn *,class CvPopupInfo &)" (?OnOkClicked@CvDLLButtonPopup@@UAEXPAVCvPopup@@PAVPopupReturn@@AAVCvPopupInfo@@@Z)
1>CvDLLWidgetData.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendConvert(enum ReligionTypes)" (?sendConvert@CvMessageControl@@QAEXW4ReligionTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvDLLWidgetData::doTrain(struct CvWidgetDataStruct &)" (?doTrain@CvDLLWidgetData@@QAEXAAUCvWidgetDataStruct@@@Z)
1>CvDLLButtonPopup.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendUpdateCivics(class std::vector<enum CivicTypes,class std::allocator<enum CivicTypes> > const &)" (?sendUpdateCivics@CvMessageControl@@QAEXABV?$vector@W4CivicTypes@@V?$allocator@W4CivicTypes@@@std@@@std@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked(class CvPopup *,class PopupReturn *,class CvPopupInfo &)" (?OnOkClicked@CvDLLButtonPopup@@UAEXPAVCvPopup@@PAVPopupReturn@@AAVCvPopupInfo@@@Z)
1>CvDLLButtonPopup.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cityAcquiredAndKept(enum PlayerTypes,class CvCity *)" (?cityAcquiredAndKept@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4PlayerTypes@@PAVCvCity@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked(class CvPopup *,class PopupReturn *,class CvPopupInfo &)" (?OnOkClicked@CvDLLButtonPopup@@UAEXPAVCvPopup@@PAVPopupReturn@@AAVCvPopupInfo@@@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cityAcquiredAndKept(enum PlayerTypes,class CvCity *)" (?cityAcquiredAndKept@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4PlayerTypes@@PAVCvCity@@@Z)
1>CvPlayerAI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cityAcquiredAndKept(enum PlayerTypes,class CvCity *)" (?cityAcquiredAndKept@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4PlayerTypes@@PAVCvCity@@@Z)
1>CvDLLButtonPopup.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendDoTask(int,enum TaskTypes,int,int,bool,bool,bool,bool)" (?sendDoTask@CvMessageControl@@QAEXHW4TaskTypes@@HH_N111@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked(class CvPopup *,class PopupReturn *,class CvPopupInfo &)" (?OnOkClicked@CvDLLButtonPopup@@UAEXPAVCvPopup@@PAVPopupReturn@@AAVCvPopupInfo@@@Z)
1>CvGameInterface.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendDoTask(int,enum TaskTypes,int,int,bool,bool,bool,bool)" (?sendDoTask@CvMessageControl@@QAEXHW4TaskTypes@@HH_N111@Z)
1>CvDLLButtonPopup.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendChangeWar(enum TeamTypes,bool)" (?sendChangeWar@CvMessageControl@@QAEXW4TeamTypes@@_N@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked(class CvPopup *,class PopupReturn *,class CvPopupInfo &)" (?OnOkClicked@CvDLLButtonPopup@@UAEXPAVCvPopup@@PAVPopupReturn@@AAVCvPopupInfo@@@Z)
1>CvDLLWidgetData.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendChangeWar(enum TeamTypes,bool)" (?sendChangeWar@CvMessageControl@@QAEXW4TeamTypes@@_N@Z)
1>CvDLLButtonPopup.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvMessageControl & __cdecl CvMessageControl::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvMessageControl@@SAAAV1@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked(class CvPopup *,class PopupReturn *,class CvPopupInfo &)" (?OnOkClicked@CvDLLButtonPopup@@UAEXPAVCvPopup@@PAVPopupReturn@@AAVCvPopupInfo@@@Z)
1>CvDLLWidgetData.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvMessageControl & __cdecl CvMessageControl::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvMessageControl@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvMessageControl & __cdecl CvMessageControl::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvMessageControl@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvGameInterface.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CvMessageControl & __cdecl CvMessageControl::getInstance(void)" (?getInstance@CvMessageControl@@SAAAV1@XZ)
1>CvDLLPython.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl CyMessageControlInterface(void)" (?CyMessageControlInterface@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl DLLPublishToPython(void)" (?DLLPublishToPython@@YAXXZ)
1>CvDLLWidgetData.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cityRename(class CvCity *)" (?cityRename@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvCity@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvDLLWidgetData::doRenameCity(void)" (?doRenameCity@CvDLLWidgetData@@QAEXXZ)
1>CvDLLWidgetData.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::unitRename(class CvUnit *)" (?unitRename@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvUnit@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvDLLWidgetData::doRenameUnit(void)" (?doRenameUnit@CvDLLWidgetData@@QAEXXZ)
1>CvDLLWidgetData.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendPushOrder(int,enum OrderTypes,int,bool,bool,bool)" (?sendPushOrder@CvMessageControl@@QAEXHW4OrderTypes@@H_N11@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvDLLWidgetData::doTrain(struct CvWidgetDataStruct &)" (?doTrain@CvDLLWidgetData@@QAEXAAUCvWidgetDataStruct@@@Z)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendPushOrder(int,enum OrderTypes,int,bool,bool,bool)" (?sendPushOrder@CvMessageControl@@QAEXHW4OrderTypes@@H_N11@Z)
1>CvDLLWidgetData.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendResearch(enum TechTypes,int,bool)" (?sendResearch@CvMessageControl@@QAEXW4TechTypes@@H_N@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvDLLWidgetData::doResearch(struct CvWidgetDataStruct &)" (?doResearch@CvDLLWidgetData@@QAEXAAUCvWidgetDataStruct@@@Z)
1>CvDLLWidgetData.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendPercentChange(enum CommerceTypes,int)" (?sendPercentChange@CvMessageControl@@QAEXW4CommerceTypes@@H@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvDLLWidgetData::doChangePercent(struct CvWidgetDataStruct &)" (?doChangePercent@CvDLLWidgetData@@QAEXAAUCvWidgetDataStruct@@@Z)
1>CvDeal.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::playerGoldTrade(enum PlayerTypes,enum PlayerTypes,int)" (?playerGoldTrade@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4PlayerTypes@@0H@Z) referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall CvDeal::startTrade(struct TradeData,enum PlayerTypes,enum PlayerTypes)" (?startTrade@CvDeal@@IAE_NUTradeData@@W4PlayerTypes@@1@Z)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::resetStatistics(void)" (?resetStatistics@CvEventReporter@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::regenerateMap(void)" (?regenerateMap@CvGame@@QAEXXZ)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::genericEvent(char const *,void *)" (?genericEvent@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPBDPAX@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::update(void)" (?update@CvGame@@QAEXXZ)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::genericEvent(char const *,void *)" (?genericEvent@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPBDPAX@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvUnit::move(class CvPlot *,bool)" (?move@CvUnit@@QAEXPAVCvPlot@@_N@Z)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::victory(enum TeamTypes,enum VictoryTypes)" (?victory@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4TeamTypes@@W4VictoryTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::setWinner(enum TeamTypes,enum VictoryTypes)" (?setWinner@CvGame@@QAEXW4TeamTypes@@W4VictoryTypes@@@Z)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::gameEnd(void)" (?gameEnd@CvEventReporter@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::setGameState(enum GameStateTypes)" (?setGameState@CvGame@@QAEXW4GameStateTypes@@@Z)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::religionFounded(enum ReligionTypes,enum PlayerTypes)" (?religionFounded@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4ReligionTypes@@W4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::makeReligionFounded(enum ReligionTypes,enum PlayerTypes)" (?makeReligionFounded@CvGame@@QAEXW4ReligionTypes@@W4PlayerTypes@@@Z)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::corporationFounded(enum CorporationTypes,enum PlayerTypes)" (?corporationFounded@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4CorporationTypes@@W4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::makeCorporationFounded(enum CorporationTypes,enum PlayerTypes)" (?makeCorporationFounded@CvGame@@QAEXW4CorporationTypes@@W4PlayerTypes@@@Z)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::endGameTurn(int)" (?endGameTurn@CvEventReporter@@QAEXH@Z) referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall CvGame::doTurn(void)" (?doTurn@CvGame@@IAEXXZ)
1>CvGame.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::beginGameTurn(int)" (?beginGameTurn@CvEventReporter@@QAEXH@Z) referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall CvGame::doTurn(void)" (?doTurn@CvGame@@IAEXXZ)
1>CvGameInterface.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendTurnComplete(void)" (?sendTurnComplete@CvMessageControl@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::updateTestEndTurn(void)" (?updateTestEndTurn@CvGame@@QAEXXZ)
1>CvGameInterface.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendAutoMoves(void)" (?sendAutoMoves@CvMessageControl@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::updateTestEndTurn(void)" (?updateTestEndTurn@CvGame@@QAEXXZ)
1>CvGameInterface.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendAutoMission(int)" (?sendAutoMission@CvMessageControl@@QAEXH@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::selectionListGameNetMessage(int,int,int,int,int,bool,bool)const " (?selectionListGameNetMessage@CvGame@@QBEXHHHHH_N0@Z)
1>CvGameInterface.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendPushMission(int,enum MissionTypes,int,int,int,bool)" (?sendPushMission@CvMessageControl@@QAEXHW4MissionTypes@@HHH_N@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::selectionListGameNetMessage(int,int,int,int,int,bool,bool)const " (?selectionListGameNetMessage@CvGame@@QBEXHHHHH_N0@Z)
1>CvGameInterface.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendDoCommand(int,enum CommandTypes,int,int,bool)" (?sendDoCommand@CvMessageControl@@QAEXHW4CommandTypes@@HH_N@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::selectionListGameNetMessage(int,int,int,int,int,bool,bool)const " (?selectionListGameNetMessage@CvGame@@QBEXHHHHH_N0@Z)
1>CvGameInterface.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendJoinGroup(int,int)" (?sendJoinGroup@CvMessageControl@@QAEXHH@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::selectionListGameNetMessage(int,int,int,int,int,bool,bool)const " (?selectionListGameNetMessage@CvGame@@QBEXHHHHH_N0@Z)
1>CvGameInterface.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvMessageControl::sendPopOrder(int,int)" (?sendPopOrder@CvMessageControl@@QAEXHH@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvGame::selectedCitiesGameNetMessage(int,int,int,int,bool,bool,bool,bool)const " (?selectedCitiesGameNetMessage@CvGame@@QBEXHHHH_N000@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cityAcquired(enum PlayerTypes,enum PlayerTypes,class CvCity *,bool,bool)" (?cityAcquired@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4PlayerTypes@@0PAVCvCity@@_N2@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::acquireCity(class CvCity *,bool,bool,bool)" (?acquireCity@CvPlayer@@QAEXPAVCvCity@@_N11@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::endPlayerTurn(int,enum PlayerTypes)" (?endPlayerTurn@CvEventReporter@@QAEXHW4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::doTurn(void)" (?doTurn@CvPlayer@@QAEXXZ)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::beginPlayerTurn(int,enum PlayerTypes)" (?beginPlayerTurn@CvEventReporter@@QAEXHW4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::doTurn(void)" (?doTurn@CvPlayer@@QAEXXZ)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cityRazed(class CvCity *,enum PlayerTypes)" (?cityRazed@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvCity@@W4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::raze(class CvCity *)" (?raze@CvPlayer@@QAEXPAVCvCity@@@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::goodyReceived(enum PlayerTypes,class CvPlot *,class CvUnit *,enum GoodyTypes)" (?goodyReceived@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4PlayerTypes@@PAVCvPlot@@PAVCvUnit@@W4GoodyTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::doGoody(class CvPlot *,class CvUnit *)" (?doGoody@CvPlayer@@QAEXPAVCvPlot@@PAVCvUnit@@@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::cityBuilt(class CvCity *)" (?cityBuilt@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvCity@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::found(int,int)" (?found@CvPlayer@@QAEXHH@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::endGoldenAge(enum PlayerTypes)" (?endGoldenAge@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::changeGoldenAgeTurns(int)" (?changeGoldenAgeTurns@CvPlayer@@QAEXH@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::goldenAge(enum PlayerTypes)" (?goldenAge@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::changeGoldenAgeTurns(int)" (?changeGoldenAgeTurns@CvPlayer@@QAEXH@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::setPlayerAlive(enum PlayerTypes,bool)" (?setPlayerAlive@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4PlayerTypes@@_N@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::setAlive(bool)" (?setAlive@CvPlayer@@QAEX_N@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::playerChangeStateReligion(enum PlayerTypes,enum ReligionTypes,enum ReligionTypes)" (?playerChangeStateReligion@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4PlayerTypes@@W4ReligionTypes@@1@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::setLastStateReligion(enum ReligionTypes)" (?setLastStateReligion@CvPlayer@@QAEXW4ReligionTypes@@@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::techSelected(enum TechTypes,enum PlayerTypes)" (?techSelected@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4TechTypes@@W4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CvPlayer::pushResearch(enum TechTypes,bool)" (?pushResearch@CvPlayer@@QAE_NW4TechTypes@@_N@Z)
1>CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::greatPersonBorn(class CvUnit *,enum PlayerTypes,class CvCity *)" (?greatPersonBorn@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvUnit@@W4PlayerTypes@@PAVCvCity@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlayer::createGreatPeople(enum UnitTypes,bool,bool,int,int)" (?createGreatPeople@CvPlayer@@QAEXW4UnitTypes@@_N1HH@Z)
1>CvPlot.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::nukeExplosion(class CvPlot *,class CvUnit *)" (?nukeExplosion@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvPlot@@PAVCvUnit@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlot::nukeExplosion(int,class CvUnit *)" (?nukeExplosion@CvPlot@@QAEXHPAVCvUnit@@@Z)
1>CvPlot.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::improvementDestroyed(int,int,int,int)" (?improvementDestroyed@CvEventReporter@@QAEXHHHH@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlot::setImprovementType(enum ImprovementTypes)" (?setImprovementType@CvPlot@@QAEXW4ImprovementTypes@@@Z)
1>CvPlot.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::improvementBuilt(int,int,int)" (?improvementBuilt@CvEventReporter@@QAEXHHH@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlot::setImprovementType(enum ImprovementTypes)" (?setImprovementType@CvPlot@@QAEXW4ImprovementTypes@@@Z)
1>CvPlot.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::routeBuilt(int,int,int)" (?routeBuilt@CvEventReporter@@QAEXHHH@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvPlot::setRouteType(enum RouteTypes,bool)" (?setRouteType@CvPlot@@QAEXW4RouteTypes@@_N@Z)
1>CvPlot.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::plotFeatureRemoved(class CvPlot *,enum FeatureTypes,class CvCity *)" (?plotFeatureRemoved@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvPlot@@W4FeatureTypes@@PAVCvCity@@@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CvPlot::changeBuildProgress(enum BuildTypes,int,enum TeamTypes)" (?changeBuildProgress@CvPlot@@QAE_NW4BuildTypes@@HW4TeamTypes@@@Z)
1>CvTeam.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::changeWar(bool,enum TeamTypes,enum TeamTypes)" (?changeWar@CvEventReporter@@QAEX_NW4TeamTypes@@1@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvTeam::declareWar(enum TeamTypes,bool,enum WarPlanTypes)" (?declareWar@CvTeam@@QAEXW4TeamTypes@@_NW4WarPlanTypes@@@Z)
1>CvTeam.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::firstContact(enum TeamTypes,enum TeamTypes)" (?firstContact@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4TeamTypes@@0@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvTeam::makeHasMet(enum TeamTypes,bool)" (?makeHasMet@CvTeam@@QAEXW4TeamTypes@@_N@Z)
1>CvTeam.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::vassalState(enum TeamTypes,enum TeamTypes,bool)" (?vassalState@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4TeamTypes@@0_N@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvTeam::setVassal(enum TeamTypes,bool,bool)" (?setVassal@CvTeam@@QAEXW4TeamTypes@@_N1@Z)
1>CvTeam.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::techAcquired(enum TechTypes,enum TeamTypes,enum PlayerTypes,bool)" (?techAcquired@CvEventReporter@@QAEXW4TechTypes@@W4TeamTypes@@W4PlayerTypes@@_N@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvTeam::setHasTech(enum TechTypes,bool,enum PlayerTypes,bool,bool)" (?setHasTech@CvTeam@@QAEXW4TechTypes@@_NW4PlayerTypes@@11@Z)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::unitLost(class CvUnit *)" (?unitLost@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvUnit@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvUnit::kill(bool,enum PlayerTypes)" (?kill@CvUnit@@QAEX_NW4PlayerTypes@@@Z)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::unitKilled(class CvUnit *,enum PlayerTypes)" (?unitKilled@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvUnit@@W4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvUnit::kill(bool,enum PlayerTypes)" (?kill@CvUnit@@QAEX_NW4PlayerTypes@@@Z)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::combatResult(class CvUnit *,class CvUnit *)" (?combatResult@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvUnit@@0@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvUnit::updateCombat(bool)" (?updateCombat@CvUnit@@QAEX_N@Z)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::unitMove(class CvPlot *,class CvUnit *,class CvPlot *)" (?unitMove@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvPlot@@PAVCvUnit@@0@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvUnit::move(class CvPlot *,bool)" (?move@CvUnit@@QAEXPAVCvPlot@@_N@Z)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::unitGifted(class CvUnit *,enum PlayerTypes,class CvPlot *)" (?unitGifted@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvUnit@@W4PlayerTypes@@PAVCvPlot@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvUnit::gift(bool)" (?gift@CvUnit@@QAEX_N@Z)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::unitPillage(class CvUnit *,enum ImprovementTypes,enum RouteTypes,enum PlayerTypes)" (?unitPillage@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvUnit@@W4ImprovementTypes@@W4RouteTypes@@W4PlayerTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CvUnit::pillage(void)" (?pillage@CvUnit@@QAE_NXZ)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::unitSpreadReligionAttempt(class CvUnit *,enum ReligionTypes,bool)" (?unitSpreadReligionAttempt@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvUnit@@W4ReligionTypes@@_N@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CvUnit::spread(enum ReligionTypes)" (?spread@CvUnit@@QAE_NW4ReligionTypes@@@Z)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::unitBuildImprovement(class CvUnit *,enum BuildTypes,bool)" (?unitBuildImprovement@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvUnit@@W4BuildTypes@@_N@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CvUnit::build(enum BuildTypes)" (?build@CvUnit@@QAE_NW4BuildTypes@@@Z)
1>CvUnit.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CvEventReporter::unitPromoted(class CvUnit *,enum PromotionTypes)" (?unitPromoted@CvEventReporter@@QAEXPAVCvUnit@@W4PromotionTypes@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvUnit::promote(enum PromotionTypes,int)" (?promote@CvUnit@@QAEXW4PromotionTypes@@H@Z)
1>Debug\CvGameCoreDLL.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 80 unresolved externals
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"D:\...\Visual C++ 2008\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/bin/link.exe"' : return code '0x460'
1>Stop.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"

All the .obj and .cpp files are in place in the Makefile
Also these files compiled before without any problems
And again: final_release compiles successfully, this problem only appears for debug version

Ehh, it seems I made another mistake in the Makefile when correcting the previous one

All the .obj and .cpp files are in place in the Makefile
Also these files compiled before without any problems
And again: final_release compiles successfully, this problem only appears for debug version
You probably forgot two files in there.
But it might be better to use a Makefile that does not require the explicit specification of all .cpp files.

The only change I made is that I added the new files to the Debug_OBJS and Final_Release_OBJS, and of course these lines for the new files:
Code:
Debug/CyGlobalContextInterface5.obj: CyGlobalContextInterface5.cpp
	$(Debug_CPP) /nologo $(Debug_SAFE_CFLAGS) $(Debug_INCS) /c CyGlobalContextInterface5.cpp /FoDebug/CyGlobalContextInterface5.obj
Code:
Final_Release/CyGlobalContextInterface5.obj: CyGlobalContextInterface5.cpp
	$(Final_Release_CPP) /nologo $(Final_Release_CFLAGS) $(Final_Release_INCS) /c CyGlobalContextInterface5.cpp /FoFinal_Release/CyGlobalContextInterface5.obj

Top Bottom