A Star Wars Mod

Tallhwch

Chieftain
Hey,

After a lot of work, I have managed to do a civilization mod with all the best civs in the Star Wars universe, complete with unique units for each civ, individualized wonders and such. Now I can't get the damned thing to change my production queue. It comes up as a blank screen. I have a good functional map, seem to have all the units as workable, it will let me adjust anything pertaining to technology as long as I don't mess with the production. I was hoping if I uploaded my map and the associated info someone might be able to tell me where I went wrong.

Thanks

Moderator Action: Broken download updated - Blake00
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/star-wars-mod-3-0.15103/

Attachments

• Star Wars.zip
    94 KB · Views: 477
Last edited by a moderator:
This is the wrong subforum. This is for scenarios that are being released for use.

Hey,

After a lot of work, I have managed to do a civilization mod with all the best civs in the Star Wars universe, complete with unique units for each civ, individualized wonders and such. Now I can't get the damned thing to change my production queue. It comes up as a blank screen. I have a good functional map, seem to have all the units as workable, it will let me adjust anything pertaining to technology as long as I don't mess with the production. I was hoping if I uploaded my map and the associated info someone might be able to tell me where I went wrong.

Thanks

Hey there. Well about a year ago I began writing this mod, complete with your basic Republic, Empire, Confederacy, adding in the Old Sith Empire, Yuuzhan Vong, and Rakatans because they were powerful, and civs like the Ssi-Ruuvi, Chiss, and others because they were so different. All the legwork was finished by January, courtesy of several beautiful donations for units and pictures. Since then, I've been trying to get the damned thing to run using common sense and every help aid I could find. No luck. So here it is, I am hoping someone who is an enthusiast will be able to download it onto their computer and figure out what little thing(s) I've been missing. If they manage, I would have no problem with them getting all the credit. I just want to play the game.

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=78918
http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=76910

Moderator Action: Multiple threads on same topic merged.

Another mystery solved! @r16 gave me a Star Wars 3.0 Civ 3 scenario to rescue for my Civ3 scenario hunt that had no documentation of any kind so I went hunting and it looks like it was your's @Tallhwch as while this thread doesn't give heaps away I can see you ended up creating a 3.0 download here at CFC. However like your post above that CFC download page leads to a dead atomic link meaning your scenario has been lost.. until now! I also see that you created not one but two download pages (you're quite the moderators nightmare aren't you with all these multi threads and downloads haha) for an updated version 3.1 too however sadly that is still lost and not in any of the atomic network backups I have sorry. (2022 EDIT: Missing 3.1 file found - see below. Also now that I'm a moderator I've removed the extra 2 duplicate download pages so there's just the original one now! I've also applied the updated version 3.1 to it.)

I can see your focus switched to a Stargate scenario that has lots of duplicate threads with moderator notes them too haha. It's download page also fails and goes to atomic but is not in any of the backups I have so that's gone too. Either way it looks like you never finished any of the scenarios which is a shame. All that effort..

EDIT: SCORE! Using the Atomic backup trick I've obtained the missing updated Star Wars 3.1 version files! :)

I've tested it with my disc install of Civ3 (steam install users will need to modify label files) and it crashed! Looks like Tallhwch put the art and text into a different named folder that what he specified in the editor, so I fixed it, and it worked! Looks pretty cool in that I can see nice custom units and heaps of factions (faction wise this would have been the biggest SW scenario of them all, and there's some big ones out there lol). However as expected I can see it's unfinished as all the building icons are black.

I've repacked with 7zip (down to 79MB) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work. Should @Tallhwch return to CFC he can modify his original post download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone atomic one. EDIT: As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius I've also edited the original thread post's download page link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone atomic one & removed the duplicate pages too!
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/StarWarsMod_v3.1.7z

Look at all those factions!
upload_2020-7-8_1-0-24.png

City screen showing custom units and city sprite
upload_2020-7-8_1-1-12.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom