[Vanilla] A trick for a religious victory

Abaxial

Emperor
For a change I decided to go all out for a religious win. I converted 6 out 7 opponents, but the last one, Arabia, was proving a bit of a problem. Arabia had six cities, and the continent was swarming with Islamic inquisitors. No matter how fast I sent apostles, all their good work was undone by much cheaper inquisitors.

So eventually I concluded it would have to be war. Declared war, captured the three main cities, including the capital, and sent in cavalry to sweep up all those inquisitors, while I made sure my inquisitors extirpated Islam in the cities I had taken.

Then I negotiated peace. "I will give you back your three BIG cities, if in return you give me your two smallest cities." "Oh goody, that's an offer I can't refuse!"

Result: Saladin now controls four cities, of which three are the ones I returned after converting them. Majority follow my religion, and instant victory for me.

Yup, been known basically since launch. Peaceful option could have been to just stack some 8 Apostles or something and then convert everything in one turn. Alternatively, a debator can probably wreck inquisitors even in home territory.

Maybe it has been known, but I am relatively new ... Oddly enough, I was consistently getting the same promotion choices for all apostles, and debater wasn't one of them.

Top Bottom