A way to get Civ4 Vanilla soundtrack in Warlords?

Bakaroyna

Chieftain
I was gravely disappointed today when I bought Warlord and found out that the godly Civ4 Vanilla soundtrack was largely replaced by those awful tunes from Civ3 :(

Is there any way to change this, so that the game plays the original Civ 4 soundtrack while playing Warlords?

the civ4 soundtrack is still there except for the following change:

Ancient age: Now plays Classic age Civ4 music
Classic age: Now plays Civ3 music

the rest are unchanged.

I love these changes. There's even sounds from Civ1 & Civ2 in there. Godly feature!

Ive said it before but God ;) I hate that Civ 4 vanilla intro music....it really used to drive me mad listening to that terrible din before the game actually started....volume zero until then but sometimes I forgot. I cant believe people actually love it! :eek:

Warlords intro music is much better because its not annoying! :)

Ive said it before but God ;) I hate that Civ 4 vanilla intro music....it really used to drive me mad listening to that terrible din before the game actually started....volume zero until then but sometimes I forgot. I cant believe people actually love it! :eek:

Warlords intro music is much better because its not annoying! :)
I felt the opposite way (a lot of people do) and replaced the Warlords opening screen and music with the spinning globe and Baba Yetu. :goodjob:

As for the soundtrack--I never played Civ III, so I really like the additions to the soundtrack.

Sign me up for the Vanilla opening music being better.

I'd love to switch them as well but not sure how to go about it. I loved the original but the Warlords music I can barely tolerate.

I wonder if the music preference is somewhat split by age group. There's probably a thread about it somewhere I may search later when I have more time. :)

I agree with you, but how do you do that?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2845

EDIT: Pasted this from another post on the same topic.

Sisiutil said:
I went a couple of extra steps, though. I copied all of the files in the mod to C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\CustomAssets\ to make them load with the regular game. I believe I also copied the Civ IV intro.bik file into C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\CustomAssets\art\movies\intros so the original "coronation" opening movie plays.

Top Bottom