[C3C] A world in arms: Japanese Army of WW2

And I would dare to ask a question which is on everybody's mind :). What's next?
Hi Lionic now I'm working on US armies and is a very hard task because there were so many units!
The default.flc's for the Infantry T98 LMG Sandbag and the Type 3 80mm Bunker still aren't available. Are you still working on them?
No worry I'm working on it.

Now I might be "barking" up the wrong tree, since I haven't tested these units in-game, BUT
looking at the attack-flc for the light MG, (as of those for Commonwealth Bren MG too) the soldier lying down before he fire, but then get up again in the same flc.
Isn't this creating the rather strange motion of having him going down-up-down-up-down during a "longer" fight.
It would perhaps then been nicer to have this "down" flc as A-flc, then having a B-flc where he is staying down until death or victory.

I fear this might be as the older versions of horse-soldiers dismounting, fire and mount in the same flc section. That resulted in a very tiresome motion of dismount-fire-mount-dismount-fire until death or victory.
As I am not a unit creator I wouldn't know how difficult it is to create an A and B flc file to perhaps take care of this MINOR issue.

Whatever, I am still soooo happy to finally have seen a Bren unit created. A classic weapon that has been slightly ignored by creators until the Great Imperator popped out these Aussies and Canadians. I can live with this little hickup, but couldn't help asking about it.

Where exactly do I put these units?
Into the scenario/art/units folder?

I did that but I still can't see the units in my editor.

The default.flc's for the Infantry T98 LMG Sandbag and the Type 3 80mm Bunker still aren't available. Are you still working on them?
Sorry, I put my effort to close the US Army pack and I forgot this task. In the next few days I fix all.

Sorry for the necro, I know this is two years old but I just noticed something while testing a few units out in game. The Japanese Type 97 Chi Ha Tank and the Japanese Type 97 Shinhoto Tank units appear floating in game. After opening in flicster and enlarging to check, it appears this is a shadow/lighting issue. The way the shadow is, it makes the unit look like it is hovering.

Sorry for the necro, I know this is two years old but I just noticed something while testing a few units out in game. The Japanese Type 97 Chi Ha Tank and the Japanese Type 97 Shinhoto Tank units appear floating in game. After opening in flicster and enlarging to check, it appears this is a shadow/lighting issue. The way the shadow is, it makes the unit look like it is hovering.
Hi, I try to check the problem and try to solve it. Thanks.

Imperator is not around lately, but I will post this issue in hope someone would be kind to fix it. Type 97 Chi-Ha is misaligned when attacking compared to it's position in other animations. Normally the tank is located in the centre of the square, but becomes aligned to the bottom when attacking. Screenshots would explain it better, but I can't do them right now.

Hi.

Really cool units, I like them. Looks like I have to play Civ III again...

Just some smartass notes about the weapon designations and models:

- "mortars" were just used by siege artillery units. All infantry weapons of this type were designated "high-angle infantry gun" or "grenade discharger"
- T(ype) 98 was a heavy, belt-fed, water-cooled 7,7 mm MG. The weapon shown is a Type 96 6,5 mm or Type 99 7,7 mm Light MG, these look almost the same
- Type 4 20 mm MG is a Type 5 40 mm Machine Cannon. Type 4 was a pivot-mount twin MG
- Type 4 Na-To had the designation Type 5 7 cm Gun Carrier Na-To
- Type 4 rocket launcher is in fact aType 5 45 mm Recoilless Gun and vice versa. Type 4 was Bazooka-style, Type 5 Panzerfaust-style
- Type 10 120 mm AA-Gun was pivot mounted
- the Type 41 Mountain Gun model shows in fact a Type 92 Battalion Gun. Type 41 was a far larger gun
- Type 94 Te-Ke was designated Type 94 TK
- Type 95 MG AA Truck did not exist. There were trials with the Type 94 6X4 Truck and the Type 98 Prime Mover using a Type 98 20 mm Machine Cannon but none was ever introduced
- Type 97 Ki-To was designated Experimental AA-Tank Number 1 Ki-To and never introduced.
- Type 95 Motorcycle model has a T(ype) 92, not a T95 MG
- Type 98 AA Ko-Hi did not exist, the Type 98 Prime Mover was not able to carry a heavy gun as shown.
- the Cl-mk5b Tankettes were modified Cl Mk VI and designated Type KA MG-Vehicle

Yours

tom! ;)

Top Bottom