Votes: 11 3.9%
  • SIX

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Oh my God: WHO THE HELL CARES???

Votes: 76 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ViCiV

Meaning 6 Civ, plus it's symmetrical and confusing!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Civ6 is clearly the best option in terms of distinguishing the game from previous iterations.

The official title is 'Civilization VI', so CivVI is technically more accurate. I guess roman numerals also have a certain gravitas that's missing from Civ6.

I think clarity is probably more important than that.

Importantly, it should be Civ6, not Civ 6. The space is unnecessary in an abbreviation.

Civ 6. Because I can imagine the chaos that happen with Civ 7 and more chaos in Civ 8 if people use Civ VI convention. (You miss an "I" and you're now talking nonsense)

A fair enough point, considering I've already seen people here in this forum speculating on what changes will be made in "Civ IV", a game that came out eleven years ago. I attribute this to a typo; I assume they actually do understand Roman numerals and know the difference between IV and VI and have just accidentally transposed it and not caught the error. But typo or not, yeah, there's a real possibility that when Civ VII and Civ VIII come along, then VI, VII, and VIII will get accidentally called by each others' names.

That said, something in me still prefers to write "Civ VI" rather than "Civ 6". Maybe it's just because the convention of using Roman numerals to designate sequels is so established that it feels more natural than using pedestrian, everyday Arabic numerals. It's an artificial distinction, but it's the convention I prefer.

Yeah CiVI getting missed is a bit of a tragedy ;)

Since this is the last of the trilogy cIV ciV and ciVI where people can be clever and have the roman numerals embedded in the actual abbreviated title
Civ Vii won't work anymore without looking like a tryhard.

Civ6 was my vote though, it's the most precise. I've also been using the Civ2/Civ3/Civ4/Civ5 format since forever.

I would go with Civ6 or CivVI, Civ6 is easier to write and so less likely to screw up.

Nobody wants to use CIVVI? I think we can come up with a more creative consensus than what we have!

Jk, personally I'd go Civ VI, though I won't criticize for Civ 6.

CiVI obviously. Why add a pointless extra V?

Be prepared for increasingly confusing acronyms as the franchise goes on. Next up is CiVIIization and CIVIIIzation. And if we happen to live for a couple hundred years we might just get to play a game of CIV.

I've been using "Civ 6" exclusively. Its much easier for my simple brain to read the 6 than it is to distinguish between IV and VI.

I voted "who cares," because of the family guy reference, but anybody who says anything other than "civ6" is wrong.

Top Bottom