• SIX

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Oh my God: WHO THE HELL CARES???

Votes: 76 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I prefer (Civ)(Civ)(Civ)(Civ)(Civ)(Civ)

Civ4 civ5 civ6 no confusion

This. I've always done it this way (I think the cIV, CiV thing was invented for Civ4, so I predated that fad). I found those things to be a nightmare, while Civ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are clear.

That being said, as the incorporating roman numeral thing has caught on, I realize I'm tilting at windmills here. I'm sure there are those who would appreciate the consistency with the new system.

Probably Civ6 for clarity, but I really like CiVI.

This. I've always done it this way (I think the cIV, CiV thing was invented for Civ4, so I predated that fad). I found those things to be a nightmare, while Civ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are clear.

That being said, as the incorporating roman numeral thing has caught on, I realize I'm tilting at windmills here. I'm sure there are those who would appreciate the consistency with the new system.

I just think the fact that "Civ", the game's obvious abbreviation, features both basic roman numerals to the point that we can more or less incoporate them into the name from 1 to 9 is hilarious. I will however admit that the arabic numeral solution is much, much better. But it doesn't amuse me as much. :D

I always hated civ5 being called CiV. It looks to much like it just says Civ, meaning the game series in general or a individual civilization in the game. If you have to spend more than a half second looking at an abbreviation to know what it means then it's not a good abbreviation.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm not the biggest fan of Roman numerals, so I just do Civ5, Civ6, CivBE, etc... Makes it a lot easier to identify, because CiV can get a little confusing if I'm not closely paying attention.

Civ6 is the most precise
CiVI if we want to be fancy
+1
Neither are in OP poll, so I voted for the last choice.

Mostly I will try and use CiVI -- because it is overly clever.

Civ6 is clearly the best option in terms of distinguishing the game from previous iterations.
Yes, but its clarity is something of a strike against it!

The space is unnecessary in an abbreviation.
Agreed. “Civ 6” and “Civ VI” are both terrible (as “abbreviations”).

Not really, Civ 6 isn't that much longer than Civ6 compared to what's being abbreviated (Civilization 6).

I just assumed that Civ 6 and Civ6 were virtually identical and that's why only one was listed in the poll.

+1
Neither are in OP poll, so I voted for the last choice.

Mostly I will try and use CiVI -- because it is overly clever.

Yes, but its clarity is something of a strike against it!

Hardly terrible. In fact, since the actual title that the developers of the game have given it is Civilization VI, Civ VI is quite natural and the obvious choice.

Civ4 civ5 civ6 no confusion

Those are much better than "abbreviations" that are longer.

C4/C5/C6 or CIV/CV/CVI could work too, the former being the shortest options with easy consistency.

I find abbreviations that are longer than a simple intuitive type-out to carry negative value.

Where's the "Other" option?

I vote for C6. :)

Not really, Civ 6 isn't that much longer than Civ6 compared to what's being abbreviated (Civilization 6).

I just assumed that Civ 6 and Civ6 were virtually identical and that's why only one was listed in the poll.

Thank you for assuming that! Reading through the entries here I clearly didn't put enough effort and thought in the poll-options. :king: But to me it's not that much of a topic to open another thread/poll about it...

I've seen a few people use CVI, but that means 106.

I love it! :lol:

ViCiV

Meaning 6 Civ, plus it's symmetrical and confusing!

So far my favourite post!

I voted "who cares," because of the family guy reference...

I was waiting for someone pointing that out. Thank you!

===
I'm with CiVI now. Maybe I want to be fancy or it's just because I'm using CiV for civ5 all the time...

I'm not the biggest fan of Roman numerals, so I just do Civ5, Civ6, CivBE, etc... Makes it a lot easier to identify, because CiV can get a little confusing if I'm not closely paying attention.
Blasphemy!!!

How about Civ^6
Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom