About Map Size.... single player.... with only ONE civ....

JacenSaracen

Chieftain
I'm asking for professional opinions from you long-term modders....

My playstyle may be a bit different.... I enjoy playing a map with only MY civ, with the entire world consisting of "a new world," as I take my one-world government and gradually dominate the globe.

If I have been reading about map sizes correctly, it seems that the performance bottleneck when dealing with the larger map sizes has very little to do with the map sizes themselves, and more to do with all of the things that go into running all of the other computer-run civs as they grow and diversify, correct?

If so, I'd like your opinions (even if it is just a shot in the dark) as to what the largest size map that Caveman2Cosmos can handle with a single civ and barbarians that CANNOT EVER form a civ.

Ready? Go..... :cool:

I do excactly the same as you did on the GEM. I'n the medieval era now, and getting maf every 2-3 turns. But I haven't viewpoints on, which might be the problem. But to be save I'd recommend no bigger then large.

I played with 4 times the cities, 5 Ai and A LOT more units before up in the early modern era und the excactsame map size. and it worked fine. But this is some time again, probably something really is broken and we have a memory leak.

I played with 4 times the cities, 5 Ai and A LOT more units before up in the early modern era and the exact same map size. and it worked fine. But this is some time again, probably something really is broken and we have a memory leak.

Correct, ever since that last installment of TB's stuff, the dll is not very good, it hesitates when picking units ALOT taking time to move that unit:mad: then lately also after Classical Era the turns times are doubled:mad:

He says he is working with Koshling on this, but i believe he is still out of his element (no offense to TB:blush::))

But if the Combat Mod and Size Matters stuff cannot be fixed, then i say we (C2C) scrap it.

Correct, ever since that last installment of TB's stuff, the dll is not very good, it hesitates when picking units ALOT taking time to move that unit:mad: then lately also after Classical Era the turns times are doubled:mad:

He says he is working with Koshling on this, but i believe he is still out of his element (no offense to TB:blush::))

But if the Combat Mod and Size Matters stuff cannot be fixed, then i say we (C2C) scrap it.
I may be out of my element but his instructions have been illuminating and I know of a few spots that are potentially problem areas anyhow. Never fear... it WILL be resolved.

At the moment it looks like it's either something funny going on in the AI or it's just the 'fixed' building prereq issue. The next dll after the one you pointed out also had a fix to that and I'm still suspicious it might be the 'issue'.

I may be out of my element but his instructions have been illuminating and I know of a few spots that are potentially problem areas anyhow. Never fear... it WILL be resolved.

At the moment it looks like it's either something funny going on in the AI or it's just the 'fixed' building prereq issue. The next dll after the one you pointed out also had a fix to that and I'm still suspicious it might be the 'issue'.

See then, like i said, just be patient (which i am NOT) illness), and "they shall come". . . HUH what did he say:crazyeye::dunno:

Profiling has shown where the problem lies (and it's NOT in the combat mod coding ;) (hah) ) so a fix should be coming up soon.

:lol: I knew it was the Combat Mod, more looking at the :hmm: Size Matters one (second installment part) :p

Top Bottom