Acularius' GEM for Caveman2Cosmos

Just a question:
We already have a fully done GEM, so I wonder, maybe SOMEONE would come up to a "challenge" of making some version of RFC-style quests for C2C?
Despite what you could think, this WASN'T triggered by my experience with them recently - I rather have been thinking about ti for a VERY long time already.
It would entail making AREAS on the map, as well as some slight UI fixes and goal formulating - Python it is.
If anyone of you is familiar with the RFC Python (I did look through it, but I'm a total NOOB Python-wise), it doesn't look too complicated to adjust to C2C's ways of civilizations.
Again, if nobody wants to do so - then nobody wants to do so, and that's all.
But MAYBE someone would want, just wasn't motivated enough... :D
Just imagine, how GREAT can "C2C: Relive the History" become. :D

Integrating RFC would be great for a lot of people who love both mods.
I like the idea, but I think we would need a thread to draw more attention.
C2C GEM could work very well in that environment
- for those with good enough pc's (always worth trying).
I will go ahead and start a thread for you and everyone else interested. :)

Reload this Page C2C - Combining C2C and RFC - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization Mod
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=500960

I can't wait for GEM to continue being updated!

Anyone feel like jumping in to help us?
We could probably use a Gem improvement and map creation tutorial to encourage more people to jump in and share their ideas.
Even if you are intimidated by attempting to help update in worldbuilder, feel free as a player, lurker, or casual observer to share your ideas on resource placement, improvement or offer to help.
C2C is always open to scenario ideas, map creators, map converters, and people interested in learning.
(It all begins with you championing/ discussing an idea you like to see.)

I've been in an intern program for the last few weeks so I apologize for not being on top of this.

I've looked at some previous posts, but I need to ask.
Has anyone else picked it up?

I belive no. We need new GEM map with all resources and natural wonders.

NOw when v31 (with natural wonders) is available this map update is most important

I've been in an intern program for the last few weeks so I apologize for not being on top of this.

I've looked at some previous posts, but I need to ask.

Nobody takes.

We need you Acularius! Must update the spawn info too..

the svn update the spawn info and replace yours. I dont know the update reason and what was modified, but now we have llamas in africa. :-(

the svn update the spawn info and replace yours. I dont know the update reason and what was modified, but now we have llamas in africa. :-(

The spawn info is based on the standard bts maps which have the zero longitude in the middle of the map. A spawn file was made for this map. You need to download that one and overwrite the normal one with it.

Alright, here's the updated maps. Also, I got rid of all the sugar in the Americas, as sugar is an old world crop. I don't know how I overlooked that :( .

Attachments

• Updated Maps.zip
    257.3 KB · Views: 89
@philipschall

Thak you. Thank you. Thank you

I will ask SO to add it to svn :)

The spawn info is based on the standard bts maps which have the zero longitude in the middle of the map. A spawn file was made for this map. You need to download that one and overwrite the normal one with it.

Ok, but the svn update something in spawn info, so i dont know if the old spawn info have the updates of new spawn info and the correction of latitude.

I compare the last svn of spawn info with the one used in gem maps. I make the alterations of spawn time to match the two files.

Here, this spawn info is the latitude/longitude correction + the last modfiers of svn update.

We have to come up with a better way of doing this. I think that if the maps had data in them that identified their latitude and longitude then the spawn program could use that to filter out the invalid spawns for any map. The problem is I have no idea on what is needed to do that.

for information

Now latest GEM map by philipschall is inside svn version now(so it will be in v32)

Why are there never any pictures? :(

I noticed, that latest maps doesn't have parrots or turquoise...

So probably also doesn't have other map resources, that were added.

Okay, for whatever reason my computer didn't save any of the changes I made. I'm busy tonight, but I will have the actual new maps up tomorrow. I'm sorry.

Also compared to earlier versions obsidian resource disappeared near Rome.

Top Bottom