[ADD-ON] GIRs Sevomod Add-On

I know my issue is most likely with Sevomod, but do you by chance know how I can fix my shiny, plastic looking leaderheads issue? I can't seem to rmember how to do this. Thanks!

hmm, i have no idea.
maybe try the Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml.ForceNonShader file locatet in your ...\Sevomod\Assets\XML\art folder.

--> rename the Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml file into Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml.backup or something and rename the Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml.ForceNonShader to Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
dont know if this will help.

if that doesn't work you can try the Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml.SafeGraphics

thx

theLopez air force mod is a SDK mod and i dont have the SDK files for SevoMod 3.3. That means i can't merge them, sorry.

All good gir no rush, im on a bit of a FfH binge at the moment with .22 :) (man i love this modding community! :D ) so im sure something cool will have been added by the time i get back to your mod.

Thanks again.

Ben

Thanks for an excellent add-on to an otherwise excellent mod!

One problem though - I'm about 2/3's into a marathon game and are experiencing a crash to desktop which windows assigns to a cvgamecoreDLL.

It happens at the exact same spot everytime - no matter if I reload the game from an autosave or a normal save.

Since I've never had this problem with Sevomod 3.3 before, I'm thinking the problem must be in the combination between the add-on and sevomod - is there any chance of fixing this bug?

Dunno if this the correct way to upload a savegame - but this link should do the trick...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89405/Saladin_AD-1474.Civ4SavedGame

Tried to upload a snapshot of the error message but alas, I didn't succeed - apparently the upload-system won't accept files from windows clipboard, and I couldn't figure out how else to post it - but here's the key text from it:

AppName: civilization4.exe AppVer: 1.6.1.1841 ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0004cb45

Thanks for taking the time to look into it - much appriciated!

For the record, I'm playing with Sevomod 3.3, your add-on, and Titi's patch - hope you can solve it...! :badcomp:

Thx for uploading the savegame (it’s huge!).
Unfortunately I don’t see any error messages, the save just crashes on my PC.
I never saw such an error before with my add-on.
I didn’t altered the dll files…

Did you install Titi’s patch after the installation of the add-on or before?
(you don't need to install Titi's patch because it is integratet in the add-on)

edit:
do you have a savegame (5-10 turns) before the crash?

Aww man I was hoping for an Invader Zim mod with like.. The massive and The resisti and Gir and Zim and Dib and stuff :)

Cant u make a mod like that? With GIR as a great person or something? Adds.. hmm.. +4 happyness where u settle him? :) :D

Thank you for your great mod/add-on!

Just crossed my mind, but what if I wanted to make those resources you added (hemp, lemon and potato) as standard all-around resources? Is it possible to do this by xml-editing? (It is ok to leave the python-triggers for resources appearing for Civilizations lagging behind.)

I'd be also very grateful is somebody could explain me the function of following lines in the Civ4BonusInfos xml-code:

<iPlacementOrder>2</iPlacementOrder>
<iConstAppearance>100</iConstAppearance>
<iMinAreaSize>3</iMinAreaSize>
<iMinLatitude>0</iMinLatitude>
<iMaxLatitude>90</iMaxLatitude>
<Rands>
<iRandApp1>10</iRandApp1>
<iRandApp2>10</iRandApp2>
<iRandApp3>0</iRandApp3>
<iRandApp4>0</iRandApp4>

Basically, the most important thing I want to know about the file is where and how the rarity of the resource is determined. (I guess the terrain types the resource may appear on must also be defined?) :confused:

I'd be so grateful if somebody could help me a bit with the issue! :) :coffee:

Thank you very, very much, that guide you linked is awesome! :dance:

By the way, what programs you guys use for editing xml? I've been using only notepad and doing fine... for a some time. I don't know whether it is the software or what, but every single time I edit Civ4UnitInfos.xml the file becomes somehow corrupt. No typos, no bad code, I'm 110% sure. It is just any change at all that makes fhe xml bad.

Here is a screen capture of the error message I get:

A bit annoying being able to edit all the other xml-files but one of the most important ones does this... every time. :badcomp:

Thank you very, very much, that guide you linked is awesome! :dance:

By the way, what programs you guys use for editing xml? I've been using only notepad and doing fine... for a some time. I don't know whether it is the software or what, but every single time I edit Civ4UnitInfos.xml the file becomes somehow corrupt. No typos, no bad code, I'm 110% sure. It is just any change at all that makes fhe xml bad.

Here is a screen capture of the error message I get:

A bit annoying being able to edit all the other xml-files but one of the most important ones does this... every time. :badcomp:

I was also getting that error if you use XMlmarker which is shareware you will see the first 3 characters are upside down and backwards. Why it does this i have no idea. Took me a week of frustration to find out the error. Heres the link, http://symbolclick.com/download.htm, good luck. Anyways to makw a long story short XML marker is the only program to find this error. I was using microsoft web expression to creat new xml docs, but that just pissed me off. Xml Marker is good and easy to use.

Thank you very much for the solution and your speedy reply! You just saved my day... week.. well a sh*t load of time, coffee and cigarettes... :thanx:

GIR, with the emergence of Sevo's source files, is it then possible to get you to to add TheLopez's Air Forces Mod to your Add-On? Or maybe just make a workable CvGameCoreDLL file, if that's enough (I already have the Air Forces Mod, and can make the changes to xml myself).

I've been trying hard to compile a new DLL file from the uploaded source files, with theLopez's Mod included, but I just can't seem to make it work (see my post of complain in the 'source codes?' thread). I wouldn't ask if I thought I could do it myself - but I'm simply fresh out of ideas...!

No matter what, thanks for an excellent Add-on to an excellent mod.

Top Bottom