Adding a new Belief

mikeejimbo

Chieftain
I'm finally getting back to my mod that adds Knight Templar and Knight Hospitaller units to the game, each tied to a new Follower belief, similar to Warrior Monks. However, I'm having some trouble adding new Beliefs: When you get to the Belief selection screen, only the first Belief I added appears. It also seems to not actually be selectable - when I try to select it, I'm still prompted to select another Follower Belief, which then overrides the first selection.

I'm clearly missing some UI change I have to make, but I can't seem to figure out where it is. I know adding a Belief is possible, but apparently I'm terrible at UI.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

That issue arises when your icons aren't set up properly. Make sure your new beliefs have icons assigned to them (I believe all Follower Beliefs have the same icon, so just check the game's files to see which it is)

Thanks! I thought it might be something like that. I think I'm still missing something though. I see in Icon_Beliefs

Code:
<Row Name="ICON_BELIEF_WARRIOR_MONKS"               Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_BELIEFS_PATHEON" Index="23"/>

But I don't know where we define that ICON_BELIEF_WARRIOR_MONKS should be used for BELIEF_WARRIOR_MONKS in Beliefs.

Icons are not previously defined anywhere. Just put ICON_ in front of your belief name and it will work.

Sure thing. Most of it is also incomplete - the units themselves don't even have model definitions. Still working on ironing out the beliefs. I'm pretty confident on the individual promotions though, I tested each of them in separate mods.

Attachments

• Holy Orders.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 150
First problem is that these modifiers and their arguments are not logical:
Code:
  <Modifiers>
    <Row>
			<ModifierId>ALLOW_TEMPLAR</ModifierId>
			<ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_RELIGION_ADD_RELIGIOUS_UNIT</ModifierType>
		</Row>
    <Row>
			<ModifierId>ALLOW_HOSPITALLER</ModifierId>
			<ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_RELIGION_ADD_RELIGIOUS_UNIT</ModifierType>
		</Row>
  </Modifiers>

<ModifierArguments>
  	<Row>
			<ModifierId>ALLOW_TEMPLAR</ModifierId>
			<Name>UnitType</Name>
			<Value>BUILDING_TEMPLAR_CHAPEL</Value>
		</Row>
    <Row>
			<ModifierId>ALLOW_HOSPITALLER</ModifierId>
			<Name>UnitType</Name>
			<Value>BUILDING_HOSPITALLER_CHAPEL</Value>
		</Row>
  </ModifierArguments>
Next problem is that "TRUE" does not equal boolean true:
Code:
TrackReligion="TRUE" MustPurchase="TRUE"

Ahhh I can't believe I overlooked that. I was originally planning to use Worship Buildings as a pre-req for the units, but decided to just make it a follower belief like the warrior monk. I thought I had changed the value of those arguments already, but I guess I hadn't!

I also didn't expect the units themselves to work yet, right now I'm focusing on getting the belief selectable.

Top Bottom