Adding a new Civilisation

DImensiondog

Warlord
This a list of files to change in order to add a new civilisation. Will be revised with new updates and also if people need more specifics

1. Add your civilisation to the mod if not already in the game. I added Polynesia so I didn't need to do this step

2. MajorsDB Add your entry, make sure its in order of spawn

3. Settlermap add your settler map (i just copied persia's then edited) in alphabetical order coordinates are written like this [xcoordinate0ycoordinate] for example (33, 66) would be displayed [33066)

4. Participants add your civ in the order of spawn, make sure to add your civilization for other civs participants the integer is the chance of the civ spawning.

5. city names add your city names map in alphabetical order

6.City renames add in alphabetical order

7. stability maps add your stabilitymap and if anyone could invent a visual editor for this, then that would be incredible.

8.RebelsData add your rebel's names to the list

9.RhyesModifiers add your civ to extra population in order of spawn

10.Roleplay modifiers add your civ in order of spawn, numbers are the number of points rewarded for it.

Sorry for the shabby post but its a work in progress, If have any questions or corrections let me know.

Wow, cool! I have no idea how to mod. Could you share your Polynesia modmod? Would be fun trying to play as them :D

No as the it was a copy that worked but just had englands maps as it’s a lot of work to make a civ without some visual editor for the maps. Also I just nodded my copy of rhyes and fall so releasing this would pretty much be releasing rhyes work without his permission.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but there is a visual editor for maps, you can find it on Steam, in Civ V dev toolkit.
Not the terrain map. I mean settler and stability maps.

There is a visual viewer available to all, the Atlas. It can help to edit the technical files. But there is no visual editor.
We worked on some Excel/spreadsheet representations of the map with Rhye but they were work files, not to be intended to be published with the mod.

I'd love to see some screenshots of Polynesia.

Yes, stability is calculated through a Python script, whereas settlers and city names maps are converted into text from Excel files, again through a Python script.

I'd love to see some screenshots of Polynesia.

Yes, stability is calculated through a Python script, whereas settlers and city names maps are converted into text from Excel files, again through a Python script.
I dont have Polynesia anymore as it was a quick test. Any chance of access to a copy of the files for the maps.

Top Bottom