Adding a new Corporation

Greymalkin2k

Chieftain
Hello all! I am trying to add two new corporations to my game via modules and am having a little difficulty. I have started by trying to add one and will add the other after I can get the first one working.

When I run the mod, the new corp doesn't show in the Civlopedia and I keep getting an XML error for my executive unit stating that "Tag: CORPORATION_8 in Info Class was incorrect". The current file being my CORP_CIV4UnitInfos.xml

I have added modular files for units and buildings, am I missing something here?

CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml
CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml
CIV4BuildingInfo.xml
CIV4CorporationInfo.xml
CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml
CIV4UnitInfos.xml​

The error for UnitInfos is the only error I get in running, and I get it twice. I have even tried adding the changes to a non-modular format and get the same error. If I change the two entries for CORPORATION_8 in UnitInfos to a preexisting corp it loads fine but still does not show my corp in the pedia.

I am really at a loss and hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thank you for your time,

Greymalkin2k

First guess: You misspelled CORPORATION_8 either in the unitInfos or in the corporationInfos.
Don't trust your eyes on spelling ;). To be sure, copy the entry from one of the files, and search for it in the second file. If that's not successful, then you know you have a spelling error somewhere.

Thank you The_J for your reply. Unfortunately the spelling is correct in all of the files. I did a copy-search to make sure that the text was always spelled the same. The word corporation stopped looking like a real word some time ago... :crazyeye:

Any other suggestions?

Greymalkin2k

The error for UnitInfos is the only error I get in running, and I get it twice. I have even tried adding the changes to a non-modular format and get the same error. If I change the two entries for CORPORATION_8 in UnitInfos to a preexisting corp it loads fine but still does not show my corp in the pedia.
The error probably lies in building info's, or corporationinfo's, not unit info's. The two tags in with CORPORATION_8 in unit infos relate to the prereq corporation and the spread of the corporation,
Maybe this tag in buildinginfos
Code:
<FoundsCorporation>CORPORATION_8</FoundsCorporation>
Could you post the code for us to take a look?

Top Bottom