ADDING UNITs TO C3C: Thorough Guide for the Newbie

Colonel Kraken
:goodjob:
You are a F@$king genius and I thank you for it:D. Now by following your instructions and by using Zulus large PCX file which he so graciously posted for all to use I can finally add units to my campagin which I have been trying to do basically since I acquired CIV3C.
:rockon:

Sobassis said:
Colonel Kraken
:goodjob:
You are a F@$king genius and I thank you for it:D. Now by following your instructions and by using Zulus large PCX file which he so graciously posted for all to use I can finally add units to my campagin which I have been trying to do basically since I acquired CIV3C.
:rockon:

Um . . thank you? I guess . . . :blush:

U r welcome

help, I've followed your instructions, but when I go to the civopedia the game crashes. "error file art/icons/units/XXSpetsnazSmall.pcx not found" comes up although the file is there. Although I can place the unit using Shift F1. But the civopedia doen't work? The editor points in the right direction also. Can any body help?

Just make sure your small pcx civilopedia pic has that exact name:

XXSpetsnazSmall.pcx

It's probably just a typo. Or, you could possibly have the pic in the wrong folder. Make sure it's in Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Units.

Colonel Kraken said:
Just make sure your small pcx civilopedia pic has that exact name:

XXSpetsnazSmall.pcx

It's probably just a typo. Or, you could possibly have the pic in the wrong folder. Make sure it's in Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Units.

It is in the folder as you have directed and the pcx file name I checked like a million times, I even tried changing it in the ini file and the pcx to something different thinking that the XX at the begining of the file was to blame. I looked in the old orginal civ vanilla files to see how they had it and all these pcx files had like a number before the name, perhaps that has something to do with it (but i don't think it is). Its a little strange that it does this considering everything else works regarding this and other units.
BTW Thanx for the reply :)

Ah ha! I managed to get the icon appear in the civopedia by putting the PCX file in the normal Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Units of the main conquest game file. Why would it not look in My Mod, even thou I pointed it in that direction in the editor as instructed. Which is very strange considering the units themselfs work fine (which are still in MY Mod). Could it be to do with the Pedia text file (I copied it from the conquests main game and just added my units below Mobile Sam (last unit in the line)) This is bloody frustrating, cuz I don't want to have to throw in more PCX files into a main game folder.

Did you save your modified PediaIcons to MyMod\Text? This is really strange to me. I'm not sure.

It's always difficult to problem solve when I can't actually see everything that affects the problem.

sorted! It was a bloody typo on the Icons folder which I had named icon for some bizzare reason. Cheers for the help. :goodjob:

Ok... I posted this on another thread but I'm posting here just in case...

I'm having problems trying to figure out what an '.amb' file is... Error message is... ...marine.amb not found... This is for me trying to add the 'femalemarine' unit... HELP?!

Azrune said:
help, I've followed your instructions, but when I go to the civopedia the game crashes. "error file art/icons/units/XXSpetsnazSmall.pcx not found" comes up although the file is there. Although I can place the unit using Shift F1. But the civopedia doen't work? The editor points in the right direction also. Can any body help?

thanks for making that mistake, i had the EXACT same problem, but it wasn't a typo :)

i got a question, i have finished modding my mod and when i play it, it works normal at first. Then when i build a city it is normal. Then something weird happens everytime. When i click on the icon to choose a unit to build, the screen flashes off and the program exits out. This does not happen with anyother map or scenario except the one modded. Could something be conflicting?

laletinamateani said:
Ok... I posted this on another thread but I'm posting here just in case...

I'm having problems trying to figure out what an '.amb' file is... Error message is... ...marine.amb not found... This is for me trying to add the 'femalemarine' unit... HELP?!

The amb file is a sound file that may not be included with the female marine unit download. Open the ini file inside of the unit folder and change the reference of the amb file to a sound file that is in the unit folder.

Damnyankee said:
i got a question, i have finished modding my mod and when i play it, it works normal at first. Then when i build a city it is normal. Then something weird happens everytime. When i click on the icon to choose a unit to build, the screen flashes off and the program exits out. This does not happen with anyother map or scenario except the one modded. Could something be conflicting?

I've heard this error many times. I'm not sure what it is. It seems I used to get this error from time to time. IIRC, it may have something to do with an incorrect pedia pic or units_32.

I think basically what's happening is it's looking for the picture to show in the city build screen for your unit and it's in an improper format or you referenced it improperly in the editor or something.

I really don't know.

Colonel Kraken said:
I've heard this error many times. I'm not sure what it is. It seems I used to get this error from time to time. IIRC, it may have something to do with an incorrect pedia pic or units_32.

I think basically what's happening is it's looking for the picture to show in the city build screen for your unit and it's in an improper format or you referenced it improperly in the editor or something.

I really don't know.

No problem, i only added about 4 units so i just deleted it. When i add the units, i will game test them along with debug. I guess it is a lession. But thats for the tutorial on how to add units :) I read it, and it is extreamly easy!!

Damnyankee said:
thats for the tutorial on how to add units :) I read it, and it is extreamly easy!!

Thank you. Were there some sections of it that confused you or that you had questions on? This is so I can perhaps word something a little better.

hi Colonel Kraken, i need your expert unit umm experiance, i have done everything here and i need help, can u help me with thes prob. right when i build the unit, the game crashes. heres a pic, i took it in debug mode but its the same in the game.

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 551
god_43 said:
hi Colonel Kraken, i need your expert unit umm experiance, i have done everything here and i need help, can u help me with thes prob. right when i build the unit, the game crashes. heres a pic, i took it in debug mode but its the same in the game.

did you check for spelling errors? In Animname and other entries?

Top Bottom