Adding Units to PTW

Does it still give you the exact same error?

Originally posted by dog

That's only because you put PRTO_Infantry in the civpedia.txt entry box. Now that you have PRTO_Modern_Infantry in the entry box, the game will require the ICON_PRTO_Modern_Infantry entry or the game will crash.

Dang, I've really got to start clarifying myself. You're right the way you state it, but that's not what I did.

With regular CivIII, I would add a new unit called "Modern Infantry" (which has a different animation) to the editor, add "PRTO_Infantry" as the Civilopedia entry, choose the icon for Modern Infantry from Zulu's Units_32, and everything would work splendidly in the game (including choosing to display the correct animation and icons in the build menu for Modern Infantry!).

Now, in PTW, applying the same exact process, the game will NOT display the correct animation but the animation for whatever was entered in the Civilopedia entry on the units tab of the editor. In PTW, I now MUST add a separate PRTO entry in the editor that matches the name of the new unit and add its corresponding ICON_PRTO entry in the pediaicons file.

There, I hope I clarified where I was coming from and where the confusion lies. It IS different in PtW vs CivIII to add units. Thanks for your (Dog and Isak) help. :)

I also tested the civilpedia during a game and the "image" used for the Eagle Warrior seemed to be the small units32 icon rather than the .pcx images I pointed into in the PediaIcons file. The weird thing is that I know that the PediaIcons files can't be totally messed up because the Athuallapa leaderhead images seem to be working properly.

Originally posted by JBearIt
Here's a compressed folder containing my pediaIcons and my bix

Found the problem. It's a spelling error. :scan:

In your bix file, in the civilopedia.txt entry box, you have PRTO_Eagle[space]_Warrior

There's an extra space before the understrike. That should solve the problem. :cool:

Originally posted by dog

Found the problem. It's a spelling error. :scan:

In your bix file, in the civilopedia.txt entry box, you have PRTO_Eagle[space]_Warrior

There's an extra space before the understrike. That should solve the problem. :cool:

I'm out-of-town now but will try it out when I get home. Thanks for helping.

I was trying to change the Champion animation back to the pre-PTW version following your advice above:

I downloaded the animation folder from DyP 0.86 and placed the folder into my mod named Ioannes Mod. I did this by duplicating DYP 1.01 folder and then placing the animation into the duplicated units folder. I then Changed the Pediacons entry Following the PRTO_Champion to Champion instead of Archer but no change in animation when I start my mod. It still gives the Archer animation.

What am I forgetting?

Edit:
If found the solution: I forgot to tell the bix file to look in my Ioannes folder in the scenario properties menu.

Top Bottom