Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

Does the Afsharids' Saffron still bug out if using which one of JFD's mods that adds Saffron? (ECE? I think?)

Added support for that a long time ago. Must have been march 2015 or so.

Northumbria (screenshots)

BNW: Download / Subscribe

Northumbria update, featuring a new trait and unique building effect to go along with!

As 'bretwalda' of Great Britain, Oswiu managed to exert considerable influence, influencing the politics of virtually any kingdom. This is reflected in the trait, as Northumbria can assimilate City-States by pledging to protect them. This process speeds up as Northumbria grows in size and produces more Culture. The High Cross supports the expansion of the Empire through both peaceful aggressive ways.

Wow! Extremely unique and unheard of is something that I admire civilizations :D. I will most certainly play this mod in my games.

At this rate I wouldn't mind at all if you never released a new civilization because the re-releases alone are all really damn good!

Wow! Extremely unique and unheard of is something that I admire civilizations :D. I will most certainly play this mod in my games.

Thanks! Wait a little longer, if you would, since I just discovered I misplaced a statement that made the trait disfunctional. Will fix this ASAP.

At this rate I wouldn't mind at all if you never released a new civilization because the re-releases alone are all really damn good!

Much appreciated =) It'll take a while before I release a new civilization anyway.

Trait fixed, please redownload :)

I really like the changes made to Northumbria's UA - with all of these updates coming out I'll have to make time eventually to have a game featuring only DJS Civs (unless someone is planning an AI game :p) to see them all in action.

Great work as always, really looking forward to the future releases. speaking of which - do you plan on updating the 'Future Updates' section of your OP to reflect current plans?

I really like the changes made to Northumbria's UA - with all of these updates coming out I'll have to make time eventually to have a game featuring only DJS Civs (unless someone is planning an AI game :p) to see them all in action.

Great work as always, really looking forward to the future releases. speaking of which - do you plan on updating the 'Future Updates' section of your OP to reflect current plans?

Thanks! And yeah, I might just do that; it's rather outdated. Though I don't really have a clear list of updates I'm planning; First, I just pick the civs I think are the easiest to update (i.e. not requiring new art), and doing a full revision every once in a while. Also, I've just converted my first civ IV unit graphics, yay :lol:

Spoiler :

It's a 'golden age' Kievan Rus Druzinha (recoloured), but without the cape, because, sadly, the swordsman doesn't come with cape animations (and I don't know how to combine stuff yet) :p. I think I'll use this for Moldavia, for the Lefegiu. Err, I think it still stretches when they sheath their blade. Great :o

Damn, there's so much hype in the new planned releases section of the OP - really looking forward to them all.

Out of interest, I wasn't aware that JFD had intentions of making Tomislav's Croatia. It certainly wasn't on his New Years' list of civs that he'd like to release (which is most likely scuppered by now in any case).

I remember reading that on the customisation wikia, but that might have been false. But yeah, it's not likely that it'll happen anytime soon, if it's gonna happen at all. Venezuela and Argentina will receive major revisions as well.

Didnt replace Bosnia Croatia in the Balkan Split? I could swear Croatia was cancelled since a long time by JFD.

The list on the wikia is simply likely outdated. I only know of a Dusan's Serbia, Simeon's Bulgaria and Vlad III's Wallachia or Romania.

And I simply forgot to add Argentina and Venezuela because I never mentioned them in the OP :p I was thinking Betancourt for Venezuela or some kind of early Venezuelan leader.

On the OP, are the civs with the new info boxes (Circle with 3 bars) the most recently updated Civs? And out of curiosity, when were The Umayyads updated? (Completely missed that!)

I guess he didn't make the update public, because steam says the Umayyads got updated today.

Yeah I tried to update them two days ago, but it didn't work.. After cordoba's update to steam failed as well, I was rather fed up with it.

This update wasn't very noteworthy anyway, so I didn't bother to mention it lol

Currently looking to make more art assets for Skanderbeg, but I will probably update the other easier ones in the meantime.

Whose left in the Balkan's to update (could have an all Balkan's game soon, although that would be a religious mess)?

Whose left in the Balkan's to update (could have an all Balkan's game soon, although that would be a religious mess)?

To be honest, pretty much all of them :yeah:

Albania, Montenegro and Bulgaria (Simeon) will need complete revisions. Bosnia needs a big update as well. Serbia, Croatia and Bulgaria (Krum) could use new leaderscenes. Moldavia, though not part of the balkans according to most, if not all, definitions, also needs a complete revision.

So, it'll take a long time :(. Currently working on Albania (slowly), looking to convert a unit skin for the Stradiot, making new icons etc. Still needs a design, though I want it to focus on making a compact civilization, with cities being placed close to each other. Defensive and Productive in nature, likely. Bosnia will likely have a design along the same lines, though perhaps a bit more elaborate/interesting. Croatia, Serbia and Bulgaria (Krum) will not get (big) design changes. Moldavia will likely be focused on Faith and also combat, since Stephen III was badass :cool:

On the OP, are the civs with the new info boxes (Circle with 3 bars) the most recently updated Civs?

Yeah. Likely the final updates, at least no more major updates. Also, final design for the infographic :p

Top Bottom