[GS] Adjacency question

sandman_civ

Warlord

Hi I am new to civ6 and confused about adjacency. I am about to build a commercial district. A campus is on green star. When I hover over red star it tells me it's adjacent to campus, but blue star is not. Why is blue star not? I would like to build my commercial district on blue star. Surely this is hexagonal adjacency?

You would need to purchase the tile with the blue star before the tooltip would update

Hmm thanks... and another question if I may? I believe the benefit of the commercial district is shared with cities 6 tiles away (I got that from other forums) - but what is the benefit to the shared cities? 50%?

Nope... I bought the tile on blue star and it still does not give me campus adjacency bonus, only the river bonus. The tooltip did update to show the adjacency arrow, but it does not give me the +1 gold that it gives to red star.

It may not count until you have a second district adjacent as most districts only receive 1 extra for each 2 districts outside of Government district and one or two others specific to each district (e.g. Commercial next to a Harbor).

Ah ha! So a line of 3 works for the middle one. But a triangle would work better, and have some sort of multiplier. I am guessing a diamond of four would be optimal and insane?

Yes, and especially as you're Germany if you can get 2 commercial districts with Hansa's on each side for some pretty sweet bonuses.

Yes, and especially as you're Germany if you can get 2 commercial districts with Hansa's on each side for some pretty sweet bonuses.
May all disciples of Germany be enlightened by the virtuous Hansa.
Shameless self promotion:
You can invert the CH/Hansas in the first 4 shapes (and rotate the shapes) depending on where resources are sitting. This is why one may wish to build a "ring" (around a central resource) instead of a "crescent."
The 4 city cluster is specifically designed to give 3 hansas adj to 3 CHs with one sad dump city in the corner. (You could also extend the Cresent to make a sort of S shape with the comm hubs - that gives 2 cites x3 and 2 cities x2 CH adj.) I should really update this graphic.

Top Bottom