Advice for streaming or youtube?

HanZee

Chieftain
It's been a long time since I posted here. I tried to find my account from the mid 00s to recover but I've not idea what e-mail it was registered with...

I'm curious to hear folks thoughts. I play civ consistently with a good friend. Despite being across the world, our civ time lines up consistently and we both like to stream/make content. I was curious what folks thought would be good advice for getting started. There are no grand delusions about making money- we just want to have more fun playing civ and maybe have a few people hangout with us. I have an old twitch account that I hit affiliate on that I haven't used in a while and a handful of YouTube channels but I think for this I'd mostly be starting from scratch somewhere.

The relevant details: 30+ year old nerds, we play online @ immortal to minimize rerolls from diety luck, marathon speed, experienced in streaming/content production, don't care about money but do want an audience to interact with and not attached to a specific platform. Mostly we play 6 but we have played together since 4. Any thoughts are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Yea. That benefit of long-term on YT is pretty high. I have some other channels that are doing okay and it keeps me tempted to use the platform. I see you do twitch. Any experience with youtube streaming? It seems pretty minor compared to videos.

Thanks all. Good thoughts!

Never heard of the latter lol, Boethius is another popular one.

Writing Bull is only popular in Germany. And about PotatoMcWhiskey: I think he has abandoned Civ6 when Age Of Wonders 4 was released.

I mostly mention Writing Bull, because his fan base is pretty active on the streaming services, as it seems.
All the most relevant streamers (might be inactive right now) are listed here:
- https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ed-50-000-goal-to-sick-kids-hospitals.674123/
- https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ney-for-sick-children-tomorrow-dec-11.680234/

Writing Bull is only popular in Germany. And about PotatoMcWhiskey: I think he has abandoned Civ6 when Age Of Wonders 4 was released.
I often feel I've abandoned civ because I play other games on other platforms but I still participate and like to talk about it because it has a lot, Civilization, it does.

Top Bottom