Advice needed for a noble game!

Stewie0416

Who Cares?
Well the title gives it away. So I decided to use the Mehmed of the ottomans. He is now one of my favorite leaders. Ok, so here is the prologue, i'll number it to make it easier to read:

1) Warrior rush and REX REX REX all the way to 1AD
2) Kill Kublai Khan
3) Repair economy

Now my main problem is after i secure my continent it always takes WAY to long to repair my economy. I literally had to build markets in every city to repair it! So during this repair stage i find the other continent. Its inhabited by Churchill, Asoka, Saladin, and Wang Kon.

Well heres where i need help. Saladin from the other side of the continent has vassalized Asoka:)lol:) and Wang has become a vassal voluntarily. And Wang has somehow become the tech leader with 4 cities!:eek:Anyways heres the map:

This is my continent:

This is the diplo screen

the tech screen:

i seem to be in the lead but i've managed to find out by espionage that Wang has corp, and is currently researching Democracy, i just hope he doesnt go into Emanc. So i've learned from previous experience that war would be my best option. Church isnt that powerful and WK is pretty weak. Protective Longbowmen vs Riflemen should turn out into my favor

Here is my SoD with ships. I grossly underestimated how much money you need to upgrade your troops to Riflemen.

heres the power

I have the most production so i should be able to churn out riflemen pretty darn quick

Here my civics, im researching Communism so i will revolt into SP soon.

And finally the victory screen

So my overall plan would be to attack Seoul, then take out the rest of Korea's 4 city empire. Then i'll move into Churchill's land and go for a Conquest victory. I still need to get a few more galleons and i'm worried that Church and WK will be able to get RP and then Rifling before i get there.

PS: How can WK get a tech lead with a 4 city empire! I no fin. is good but is it really THAT great?

Attachments

• Kevin AD-1635Prepare for war vs Kong.CivBeyondSwordSave
    267.2 KB · Views: 85
Now my main problem is after i secure my continent it always takes WAY to long to repair my economy. I literally had to build markets in every city to repair it! So during this repair stage i find the other continent. Its inhabited by Churchill, Asoka, Saladin, and Wang Kon.
Courthouses > Markets to repair the economy

Otherwise, are we looking at the same game? You're in amazing shape and could win any way you wanted to. Capture Wang's three coastal cities on Turn 1 (keep them too, they're good cities) and use that as a launching pad for invading the others. Wang doesn't have a tech lead, YOU have a tech lead. By the time that Churchill could get rifles, you could have infantry if you beelined.

I think you may be ready for prince as well. You're absolutely destroying this game.

Thanks for the response runner:) But i have a few questions

1) should i wait and upgrade my entire SoD to rifles or just go?
2) I was building Courts but after i finished them all i was only able to raise the science meter to 40%.
3) How hard is prince? How much harder is it than Noble?

1) I'd just go. You have enough rifles for a 4 city empire. Another thing you could do is lower the slider for a few turns while your army sails around your continent then the turn before you leave your territory upgrade everything you can.
3) It's a bigger jump than any before. But it's not the biggest jump between levels. I'd say you're ready for it though. Just look at the demographics screen, you're annihilating the AI. First in every category that matters.

How is Churchill's tech situation? I would go straigh knocking on his door. Take lots of his cities and then his vassals will renounce protection. Vassalise Churchill, make peace with Asoka and take wan kon cities. That should put you over the dom threshold. In the vassal situation it is always good to hit the master. Voluntary vassals don't necessarily want the war and will renounce protection. Forced vassals will renounce when enough of the masters cities are taken. Also if you hit wan first you give churchill a chance to build more troops.

3) You'd be ready for Prince. In general, too much is made of the difficulty levels. Of course Prince is harder than Noble on average, but the map and placement/identity/behavior of the AI's can often cause more variance in true difficulty between games than a single level.

One big note is that the next (Prince to Monarch) jump has a game-changing difference; the AI's starting with archery means that warrior rushes will generally be impossible w/o playing as Inca. While they are still possible on Prince I would urge you to start weaning yourself off of it if you hope to keep climbing.

This game was blown to pieces. You have your entire continent and a tech lead, set to finish what's already a runaway game in your favor. No way a small noble AI holds off that stack.

You have the ability to win on prince and likely higher.

You should have an easy win. The only thing that you would have to look out for is Wang trading away Astronomy and Sal/Asoka could sneak some units into your continent. But you could probably conquer/vassalize Wang in less than 5 turns when you declare war-and whatever Sal/Asoka could invade with is obsolete compared to your units.

You should have an easy win. The only thing that you would have to look out for is Wang trading away Astronomy and Sal/Asoka could sneak some units into your continent. But you could probably conquer/vassalize Wang in less than 5 turns when you declare war-and whatever Sal/Asoka could invade with is obsolete compared to your units.

I finished the game. I killed Wang in like 7 turns, then i vassalized Church. Then i got infantry and artillery and vassalized saladin and got a dom victory:goodjob:

You need to try prince like the others said. Isnt it boring just playing a game you are sure you will win?

:goodjob: with killing Wang so fast. I just hate him so much. I try to destroy him as fast as possible in my games :lol:

well i just tried prince. Barbs really were a problem for me. I was rome and after some REXing i just fell behind in tech. I tried to attack Charlie who had blocked me in but it didnt work out too well...

Top Bottom