Advisory War Objective Poll - 1470 German War

Advisory Poll- German War Objectives 1470

• Negotiate peace with Germany (some gold and map)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conquer Frankfurt and Stuttgart (8 turns)

• Other Options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Advisory War Objective Poll - 1470 German War

We are now coming into a critical phase in our war. Our catapults are a spent force, we only got 3 catapults left and may with the present forces we got, only safely conquer Stuttgart and Essen, in order to deny the German the iron, control the south and shorten our border exposure.

The previous poll made it clear that Dortmund was not a wanted objective. Yet, Dortmund has become the seed for a Roman-German alliance, as Rome got troops there. Tartar and Frankfurt both got city walls.

As I see it, we should make sure that Germany gives us Compass, World Map and Gold, possibly world map - as part of a peace agreement. This is best achieved by conquering two more cities, and showing some force.

This is an advisory poll, and part of the discussion. This is the place to add in your real pollable options. It lasts for 2 days, and is public.

The real options, as I see them are, starting with the least aggressive and ending with the most aggressive move.

Negotiate Peace Now (German Gold, World Map)
Negotiate Peace After Conquering Stuttgart (?)
Negotiate Peace After Conquering Stuttgart and Essen (?)
Negotiate Peace After Conquering Stuttgart and Frankfurt (?)
Continue the War beyond above cities
Other
Abstain

I dislike using a poll as a discussion vehicle. Besides, there are bigger problems than planning a continued German war. The Romans are building a new city near Pisae, which we have left undefended. IMO it appears that war with Rome is imminent.

you may dislike it, as you obviously do show posting like that as the first poster.
I hope this is not your censorship vehicle Dave.

All I want is to air some ideas in this thread, as showing the options like this clarifies the ideas somewhat. Also the few postings in the discussion threads are one of the reasons doing this. This is not an official poll, but I will listen to it.

I saw the Roman force, and Pisae I ordered a unit to go to.

MACEMAN MOVES

Steedstoppers in Berlin moves to Cumae
unnamed Macemen in Coppertown named Pisae Guard, promote Combat and move to Pisae

This is the reason it was undefended.

IMO we could capture Stuttgart in 2 turns, move 1 more axe in and attack. THen it's time to make peace, and start bashing our other friend Julius again :devil:

If we need to take 2 towns before we get Compass for 10 turns peace, then i vote for that.
This is my reason: Get Compass.

This will all be polled in a real poll, where I guess Stuttgart will be polled against Stuttgart/Essen. Then we will have two "fate polls" asking for the cities fate.

Top Bottom