Ahhh I'm Nostalgic

Rabid Pop Tart

Aspiring Graphic Designer
Back when I was 6 or 8 or so, I played this game all the time. Then we got a new Pentium, and the game didn't work anymore, and we got rid of the game. Is there any way that I can get my hands on the game again, and will it work on 98 or XP? I'd like to know - I miss the game.

~ Brendan

I don't think Col is still in the sale so you've to download it.
I would recommend Kazaa

And yes it runs on Win98 but I could not get it to work on XP

You can find copies on EBAY.

If you shut off the sounds it works pretty well on 98 and Me.

I haven't tried it on XP

It is so strange. I think it is really dependable on the version you have if it will work under XP. My wife plays it regulary and she has it running under XP. Just installed it from CD, opened it from the directory on the HD. That's it. Crashes sometimes however. But it DOES run under XP in this house...

Right and for such occasions I've two HD. One with XP for work and modern day games and one with WIN98 for such oldtimers. Yes col is still a game worth to play with I enjoy colonizing the world. Ah I would've been a wonderful Viceroy. Look I even have my official insignia, jup that's me:
:king:
Hmm sadly I've been born a little bit too late for that :D

Originally posted by de Montcalm
And yes it runs on Win98 but I could not get it to work on XP
If it works under Win98 it works under WinXP too, because you can choose a compatibility mode for a shortcut. Make a shortcut to Colonization, go to the properties and choose "Compatible for Windows 98" somewhere. ;)

Top Bottom