AI aggressivness

tchristensen

Emperor
I have asked this question before, in a slightly different tactic but I am still not satisfied with the AI's aggressiveness.

I am unsure what has changed in my mod, but they seem more lackadaisical and indifferent now than they had from the original game or the mod that I based my mod on (Thomas' War). They tend to just want to keep forces inside their cities, sending very small token forces around but not attacking much (at least that is what appears to be going on).

I have not touched much in the way of the leaderheads, where I think most of the AI attitudes resides.

I am wondering if it might be because I have so many new techs (42) and so many new units (50) that the AI is just overwhelmed and confused on what to do -- I have placed FLAVORS on things I want them to build.

I just wonder if anyone has some finer point I can look at, and values I can set on XMLs to make them a bit more outgoing and expansionistic?

Leaderhead XML changes are the best bet of getting the AI's to do what you want, short of large SDK changes.

I am thinking these are the xmls I need to change, but the question is how far and which direction to move them:

<iMaxWarRand>200</iMaxWarRand>
<iMaxWarMinAdjacentLandPercent>3</iMaxWarMinAdjacentLandPercent>
<iLimitedWarRand>90</iLimitedWarRand>
<iDogpileWarRand>75</iDogpileWarRand>
<iMakePeaceRand>40</iMakePeaceRand>
<iDeclareWarTradeRand>40</iDeclareWarTradeRand>

Not sure about others?

Top Bottom