• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

AI and Ship size

Esckey

Deity
Does a smarter AI make use of the bigger sized ships? So far I'm taking on fleets of tiny and small, and occasionally I'll run into something large.

And why do they sit in their planets and not come out to fight me when I'm roaming in their territory?

Esckey said:
Does a smarter AI make use of the bigger sized ships? So far I'm taking on fleets of tiny and small, and occasionally I'll run into something large.

And why do they sit in their planets and not come out to fight me when I'm roaming in their territory?

I usually run into swarms of smaller units too, and the difficulty level doesn't seem to matter as far as I can tell. This seems to be the preferred AI tactic for whatever reason.

I can understand why an AI that isn't as clever and devious as a human player may not want to allow its units to be drawn off of their planetary defense role in order to chase down the enemy in open space. A good player would soon learn he could draw the AI units off of a planet with a suitable decoy and then capture the now lightly defended planet much easier. :evil:

Top Bottom