Ai blatantly cheat on Prince difficulty?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no hate. I am am a civ player since civ 1.......

I am just astonished when I see someone that deny the evidence, I mean if you see an enemy with the same number of cities having and maintaining 7 or 8 times the number of units you have , well, I think there is nothing to argue , to save a file or to proof.

It is clear like the earth is a planet and the moon is a natural satellite of the planet earth.

Prince level = snore fest. The AI really doesnt do crap before King level. I am current playinga Epic prince game and it is 300 AD and I'm already bored squeekless as the AI is content to sit on its thumb and not bother me.

Rat

Just a thought. With this massive negative gpt that that ai shows from time to time, is it possible that the game is mistakenly displaying the total wrong if that civ has rush bought a unit or building that turn? I have seen civs with -400 or more on one turn, and then on the very next turn been back in positive numbers and I chalked it up to that civ having just bought a unit and having it wrongly showing in their gpt. Not sure how this could be checked but if it were the case, it would stop a lot of complaining.

Cool, glad I could help :)

So, who are you going to invade next?

I'm not quite sure. Hiawatha has a little bigger army than me and I think it's almost modern as mine. I think I'll first invade Elizabeth's capital, than while he's warring with her, I'll attack his capital, or something like that. Maybe I'll attack him when he enter in war with Bismarck and b<ckstab him:backstab:.
Edit: btw, I noticed one cheat. While I sold that iron to Hiawatha and Elisabeth, every turn there was deal cancele: iron to Hiavatha or Elizabeth and I was gaining more and more iron, and now I ave over 7000 iron:eek:, I mean, that's impossible. I sold 999 iron to Elisabeth now for 100 and smth GPT and luxury resources, Iwas doing the same to Hiawatha, but only until he entered in industrial era. In that time he didn't want to give me a single gold for 999 iron. Looks like they will give you tons of resources for iron for so long as they units need iron and until they can produce iron based units. I don't know has this happened to you too, but this is definitevely a bug. That reminds me when I was playing civ 3 long time ago and you could ask AI for 555555555 GPT and they would give it to you with everything else:D.

Just a thought. With this massive negative gpt that that ai shows from time to time, is it possible that the game is mistakenly displaying the total wrong if that civ has rush bought a unit or building that turn? I have seen civs with -400 or more on one turn, and then on the very next turn been back in positive numbers and I chalked it up to that civ having just bought a unit and having it wrongly showing in their gpt. Not sure how this could be checked but if it were the case, it would stop a lot of complaining.

For me its been happening for at least 200 turns in a row.

Perhaps it is a bug but it seems like an obvious bug to me , one that they would have known about.

Last but not the least.

I am pretty sure I have seen an AI warrior move 4 tiles in one turn.

I spotted a ruin on north and I was 2 tiles north of the AI warrior. I started to run to the ruin , I was sure the AI warrior would have never overtaken me but, all of a sudden it grabbed the ruin !!

It was the turn number 4 so it highly improbable the AI had found another ruin with a warrior inside close the ruin into the FoW .....

How sure is pretty sure? Please tell me you kept a save from before it happened? Anecdotes are notoriously unreliable.

How sure is pretty sure? Please tell me you kept a save from before it happened? Anecdotes are notoriously unreliable.

No auto save files but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was confirmed by someonelse.

Pretty sure means that I am trying to convince myself it is not true and I am trying to find an explanation but till now I failed on both.

I don't know if it cheats so much as the game is much different. The bonuses from maritime states are overpowered. Money seems to be the most important thing so you get maritime states to send food while you build all trading posts. The more money you have the more science, more production and more military might you'll have(Plus the city states are more than worthwhile to have if you can afford it). I don't see any point in farms.

I am playing a game right now and Arabia is my neighbor. They have about 5-6 cities on me. The army they can field is massive. I had to pop 4 golden ages to keep up with buying units during our war. You just have to adjust your play style from civ 4.

FYI: Bugs =/= "Cheats"

It sounds like a couple of these issues, like the extra iron one and the high negative gpt, are all bugs and should be reported.

One of the best threads yet. Thanks!

A cheating AI has been always predominant on previous series so Civ V makes no exception to this rule.

The bad aspect is that developers stated the AI uses no cheat on lower-middle levels, we documented few instead.

Do we trust developers again ?

It depends on the strenght of the first patch.

now at this very moment i have witnessed the most lame AI cheat ever!!!
i installed the game 2 hours ago. started a new game on the LOWEST difficulty, largest map, America as my Civ, speed set to SLOWEST!!! guess what around turn 40 i encounter the roman soldiers which are SPEARMEN (!!!!) i didnt pay notice to that and now on turn 81 i stumble across another roman unit which are RIFLEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! isnt that crazy??? i didnt even manage to research 5 upgrades and the AI already has rifleman?!?!?!?!? am i missing something??? i thought they said the AI cheats only on high difficulty!!!!! this is totaly !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have taken a few screenshots and will probably uninstall the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but damn its the slowest speed it should take ages to get rifleman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is <snip>

Moderator Action: Please watch your language.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

now at this very moment i have witnessed the most lame AI cheat ever!!!
i installed the game 2 hours ago. started a new game on the LOWEST difficulty, largest map, America as my Civ, speed set to SLOWEST!!! guess what around turn 40 i encounter the roman soldiers which are SPEARMEN (!!!!) i didnt pay notice to that and now on turn 81 i stumble across another roman unit which are RIFLEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! isnt that crazy??? i didnt even manage to research 5 upgrades and the AI already has rifleman?!?!?!?!? am i missing something??? i thought they said the AI cheats only on high difficulty!!!!! this is totaly !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have taken a few screenshots and will probably uninstall the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but damn its the slowest speed it should take ages to get rifleman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is totaly FUKCED UP!!!!!!

relax there's an explanation. what probably happened is that the starting warrior found a couple of ruins that provided military upgrades. unusual but not unheard of. in fact, that's happened to me a few times (usually on small island games- those ruins are much harder for the AI to get than me because i research embarking much sooner). its important to remember this: don't pkanic! lol :goodjob:

i totally agree with the person who wrote this thread. the AI is no better at prince. basically prince is harder because of enconomic problems and low happiness. money shortage sux so i'm back at playing warlord.

Sounds like that person has not patched their game, because riflemen from huts was made impossible from a few patches ago wasn't it?

Suggestion: Patch your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom