Ai blatantly cheat on Prince difficulty?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bwah?
Just because the AI is on Prince doesn't mean that one can't go on a rampage and conquer all its neighbors.

These things are linked. Population - science. With 40 cities, and large population, of course they can buy a lot of stuff.

So they were probably buying them with gold.

So, they had few farms, little production... sounds like they had massive numbers of trading posts, for huge gold income.

Sure they could.
You can, too!

If Prince is too hard for you, try one of the lower difficulty levels.

What is this now, the WoW forums? I didn't say it was hard, the game is mindlessly easy on any level. The AI completely ignoring the game rules is BROKEN, are you too stupid to understand that? I looked at all their cities...all their tile improvements and I had all the maritime city-states, forget it...these forums are overrun by children now.

You know, I trust my eyes first, developer statements eventually later.

Even if your observations are true, there are alternative interpretations of your observations that are in line with the statements of the developers. The problem may not be with your observations, but with your interpretation.

Conquer a city? That happens all the time in civilization. The AI pillages like mad too.

Seriously, post a saved game. If this happens so often it should be easily captured.

Again, how can you proof in a save game the AI pillaged and/or razed ? You can proof nothing just like me so it is your opinion against mine but you can't proof nothing the same with a save game.

Then, I didn't tell it often happens, I told it tend to happens on middle later stages with AI civs global power similar to human one.

BTW how many times have you pillaged in a single turn for a total amount of +100 ????

BTW how many times have you pillaged in a single turn for a total amount of +100 ????

Dozens of times. Songhai's UA gives him 112 gold per encampment on prince level. On several occasions I've pillaged two or more encampments on the same turn.

There's so many ways you can get insta gold, so watching the gpt makes no sense to determine if they research pact.

-conquering cities
-disbanding units
-pillaging
-barbarian camps
-selling luxuries. you can trade one luxury for over 200 gold.
-great merchant.

genuinely no offence OP but you need to get better , nothing to do with the AI cheating , you can be very rich playing on prince . I'm currenly loaded and making 97 a turn in my current game.

genuinely no offence OP but you need to get better , nothing to do with the AI cheating , you can be very rich playing on prince . I'm currenly loaded and making 97 a turn in my current game.

What about happiness?

Does the ai cheat on this?

Yes the AI does cheat a lot even on Prince. They can pop out lots more units than you & seem to not have to worry about upkeep at all.

All you people (who likley aren't very good at the game, all the bragging notwithstanding, I doubt most of you even beat previous civ games on Deity, so leave it at that before you try to go all hotshot) have demonstrated nothing against the OP's point.

Show where in the code it's proven the AI doesn't ignore upkeep/gpt rules, or otherwise the evidence seems to show that it does, or at the least that the user interface lies to the player. Getting into a semantic argument over whether this is "cheating" doesn't change the more factual answer - the OP is likely right in pointing out something where the AI does not obey the same rules as the player. Though could be some bugs at work too, who knows.

Well im getting a little annoyed with civs 5. Im CONSTANTLY bound by my economy. So basically im stuck with a fairly small army as a result.

Despite this it seems the Ai in all my games can completely ignore this gigantic restraint. As i wrote im playing on Prince level (lvl 4) where its supposed to be "Normal" difficulty. Unfortunately though , the Ai is cheating in a way that far surpasses any level of difficulty. What are they doing??? they all have MASSIVE -gpt , the kind of -gpt that makes America's debt look like China's bank account. y

In my current game Egypt is the dominant force in the game. He has 213942934923 wonders , over 100 happiness , the highest population and most social policies. We all have every tech available but he was first to the finish line. Now im coming second in terms of most major demographs. That is second in everything BUT military. I am dead last and by a mile. Because Egypt has a -4445 gpt economy and is obviously sitting at ZERO gold. Siam is at a cool -680 gpt and the Iroquois nation is relaxing at a nice -350 gpt. Now none of their armies are disappearing..... i am sitting at +26 gpt and the second it ever dips below -5 gpt and i have no gold in my treasury , BANG units start going left right and center.

Now What am i missing? do the AI simply cheat that hard that you MUST play aggressive early game? I admit they are not the brightest tools in the shed when it comes to army building. But really if i wanted to play a zerg game id log on to my battlenet account and play sc2.

don't think the AI cheats on prince. They don't receive any special benefits.

Also if you want advice and help be more specific
What civilization your playing what terrain improvements are you using , what policies your adopting, what map type are you playing
Or post a ScreenShot of your current game because i am finding it hard to believe what your are saying is true about your current game

On prince and higher I think the AI receives bonuses

I see 90 % here couldn't understand what's happening. AI units dont disband when they reach 0 gold at negative income. Player units disband when reaching 0 gold at negative income. Simple as that. You can guess the consequences. Of course it's not supposed to happen, at least not at prince.

So, please, stop being sarcastic, or making stupid comments, as "just make more tradeposts". That's not the point.

Okay..here's my amazing contribution that states the blindingly obvious.

The accusers, along with the OP, are saying that the AI is getting away with not having to suffer the consequences of negative gpt at a level where the AI and human player are supposed to be on an even field.

The skeptics who have not experienced difficulties at Prince are demanding evidence. Others are simply disregarding the complaint altogether and assuming that the OP needs more experience with the game.

Verdict?

If the problem exists, it needs to be dealt with. But if you want the problem to be dealt with then you need proof that it's there and your personal testimonials won't do enough here. Nor will they make any impact on anyone who actually works on the game if that's what you're shooting for.

If you don't provide evidence, you open yourself to the accusation that you're trolling as you complain about a problem endlessly but won't prove it. The fact that you included plenty of hyperbole in your original post doesn't help matters (unrealistic amount of wonders? 100 happiness? Oh really?).

It's very simple for us all to reach a reasoned conclusion. It's up to the OP to provide evidence. Anyone defending him must realize that as well.

Well im getting a little annoyed with civs 5. Im CONSTANTLY bound by my economy. So basically im stuck with a fairly small army as a result.

Despite this it seems the Ai in all my games can completely ignore this gigantic restraint. As i wrote im playing on Prince level (lvl 4) where its supposed to be "Normal" difficulty. Unfortunately though , the Ai is cheating in a way that far surpasses any level of difficulty. What are they doing??? they all have MASSIVE -gpt , the kind of -gpt that makes America's debt look like China's bank account. y

In my current game Egypt is the dominant force in the game. He has 213942934923 wonders , over 100 happiness , the highest population and most social policies. We all have every tech available but he was first to the finish line. Now im coming second in terms of most major demographs. That is second in everything BUT military. I am dead last and by a mile. Because Egypt has a -4445 gpt economy and is obviously sitting at ZERO gold. Siam is at a cool -680 gpt and the Iroquois nation is relaxing at a nice -350 gpt. Now none of their armies are disappearing..... i am sitting at +26 gpt and the second it ever dips below -5 gpt and i have no gold in my treasury , BANG units start going left right and center.

Now What am i missing? do the AI simply cheat that hard that you MUST play aggressive early game? I admit they are not the brightest tools in the shed when it comes to army building. But really if i wanted to play a zerg game id log on to my battlenet account and play sc2.

I had one another problem where AIs have tons of gold with 10 cities, what, they are only sitting on trading posts(prince difficulty which I have already beaten, but still:blush:)? I mean, Rome has around 60 gpt somewhere around renessaince area and he has musketeers as I and I had a tech lead and I can't understand it. I mean, where he gets all the food, he's not allied with any maritime city state and has no caravels to find the other continent. I still have a tech lead, but there's soomth strange in this round, maybe I should invest more on trading posts and less on farms and science or what? I'm confused:confused:, I mean, I don't know is AI somehow cheating, because AI cheats on higher levels(or it's supposed to). In my other prince games, AI was really stupid. Wait, yesterday that patch went out where was written that there comes major changes with it and VMD for Civ 5 modding. Maybe that's the reason, who would know that:p? I have to bite into the core of civ 5. I haven't played more thatn 2-3 rounds that came to renessaince area and haven't had really much time to play.

I had one another problem where AIs have tons of gold with 10 cities, what, they are only sitting on trading posts(prince difficulty which I have already beaten, but still:blush:)? I mean, Rome has around 60 gpt somewhere around renessaince area and he has musketeers as I and I had a tech lead and I can't understand it.

For this sort of thing, it helps a ton to post a save game. Someone may figure it out.

I see a lot of people accepting on very little evidence the claim that at Prince difficulty the AI doesn't "cheat" and that it is on equal footing with the player.

It wasn't true in civ4 (Noble difficulty) and probably isn't with civ5 either. Unless you've checked the code for yourself, I'd advise against stating it (no bonuses at Prince difficulty) like it's fact. The game and its little mouse-over tooltips is not an authority on the matter! ;)

If anything, Prince difficulty is probably just where the developers found the middle of the bell curve of players tended to be, and so called it the "normal" difficulty. Even more likely is that Prince is the 40% or 30% point instead, so there aren't so large a proportion of players who feel dejected form not being able to beat the normal difficulty.

For this sort of thing, it helps a ton to post a save game. Someone may figure it out.

Yea, you're right.

I put it down, maybe someone could tell me should I or shouldn't continue this round because I'm not quite sure.:mischief:

Attachments

• Ivan-Arabija.Civ5Save
    729.2 KB · Views: 57
If you "play chicken" with your economy vs culture generation expense, you usually come out the winner, unless you really pick unnecessary stuff I guess...

but yeh, even when I'm not playing to cultural victory I still build at least monument, temple in every city...

and I might care to go for sistine/redentors every time, if it's convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom