AI Bonus stats?

FlyinPhil

Chieftain
Sorry if this is a repeat of another topic; I tried to work my search query magic, but as best I can figure this topic hasn't been talked about yet.

Does the AI get bonuses (other than tech/unit/etc. start bonuses I've found listed elsewhere) based on difficulty level? For example, do their cities generate extra science without building campuses, gold with commercial districts, etc.? If they do, has anyone figured out what those bonuses are and listed them anywhere? I ask because I find this situation (detailed in the pics below) routinely when I play. In the first pic, you'll see Montezuma is generating the most science of any civ, including mine (which has a couple campuses already). In the second pic, you'll notice he's generating no Great Scientist points, suggesting he's doing this entirely without campuses. I've noticed it with other districts in other civs, and when I get spies, I find the civ with the strongest (science/culture/gold/etc.) has no (campus/theater/commerce/etc.). Tourism and great person points seems to be the only attributes that actually reflects an AI civ's investment in a given infrastructure (wonders and great works for tourism and districts for GPP).

Anyone know how this stuff works?
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 12.35.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 12.35.25 PM.png

ya someone mentioned prince +20%, imm +40%, emp +60% and deity +80% production bonus previously, which would account for the wonders all getting snapped up & easy district builds. not sure of exact numbers though.

its also likely that the AI puts a lot of that production into projects, which would account for the difficulty in getting prophets and generals and, to a lesser extent, admirals and artists. however i also think they get a blanket bonus on gpp.

All cities produce 0.7 beakers per population, which gets increased by the science bonus of the difficulty level. The AI might also be working tiles with science yields such as iron, mercury, tea, and adjacent tiles of natural wonders.

having looked long and hard at this area I am in total agreement with @PYITE
The AI targets large populations. Combined with the difficulty bonus it equals a lot....

So Monty is on 44.1 on King that means his population is around 28-30.... seems to make sense to me..

Does anyone know the player maluses you get with higher difficulty? Because you can adjust difficulty for every player in multiplayer (say you want to play immortal, your friend on prince and the AI on king...)

Edit: Oh and we found out (in multiplayer) that the stats (as in the screenshot of OP) are not getting updated unless loading a game. so if you start a new game the stats will stay at 0 as long as you don't reload the game. as soon as you reload they're updated and then stay like that again until you reload... pretty annoing. But that's probably a problem with the multiplayer teams mechanic

Last edited:
Top Bottom