AI getting discounts on buying Great People?

cyprusdog

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

I've been reading these forums for ages, but this is the first time a question I have couldn't be answered by using the search function, so I finally registered and typed something in. :D

In my deity games, the AI is buying Great People I've been working towards all the time. If I look at their gold and faith prices, they're in the tens of thousands, and the AI for sure doesn't have that amount of either, they're far behind me in accumulated points, yet they still manage to grab them. Is there a discount for the AI? Or do I miss something else maybe?

they do often run projects for Great People. I am also frequently suspicious that the AI doesn't play by the same ruleset, but in this kind of situation it's possible they completed a project for the unaccounted GP points.

I was thinking about that, too, but it was a difference of about 400 points. No way they could have gotten those by projects, I think. I'll keep a close eye on it in the future and do some stats. Maybe I can come to an explanation.

Whenever I lost a great person I could always explain it.
The leader had enough faith or gold to purchase the missing points. No discounts unless they have the Oracle.
And as noted they also run projects sometime.

You could enable every turn auto-save and analyze the leader's resources to see if it makes sense.

Top Bottom