• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

AI Gold Per Turn Trades

Barghaest

King
I've noticed a glitch (and I want to say I've seen it for a while even in unmodded games, but just now realized the cause) where the AI develops odd GPT listings.

In my current game (modded but to my knowledge does nothing with AI diplomatic interactions that would affect this) I saw Portugal having about +1400 GPT while Arabia had -1400 GPT. When I got the two to go to war, their GPT both stabilized to be around the same level as others in the game (-20 to +20) so somehow Portugal was getting a large amount of GPT from Arabia that Arabia did not actually possess, destabilizing the in-game economy by the creation of phantom gold.

This could be the cause of many AI runaways I've seen in my games (especially on other continents where I can't manually interrupt deals by causing a war) and I was wondering if anyone had seen it in unmodded civ games (or would be willing to keep an eye out for it) because I believe this is an issue with diplomacy between AI possibly due to them initiating multiple trade deals requesting GPT sent (and accepted) simultaneous rather than in succession so the GPT available for request isn't updated to prevent this level of abuse.

If it can't be confirmed in unmodded games, I will have to pour through the code of the mods I use to see what might possibly be affecting it (testing each individually until the bug appears first, of course).

Top Bottom