AI has no time to put cities in the top5!!

thoxic

Chieftain
I systematically have my towns in the top5!! AI has none
I build one wonder by city not more except in the town which has
King Arthur's crusade because of th production advantage.
Moreover I keep Ai in "Artificial civing" with one or two cities per
civilization and no military units.It's good for business and diplomacy

It all depends on whether the AI gets to build some wonders because wonders get cities into the top 5 on Civ 2 where as on Civ 3 it is possible to keep a city in the top 5 without a wonder for awhile at least.

During the late part of the game I rarely-never see an AI in the top 5. no matter what difficulty level I play at.

Originally posted by Goatman
During the late part of the game I rarely-never see an AI in the top 5. no matter what difficulty level I play at.

Mam, you must suck then (no offence) because it is sooo easy to take all 5 places on chieftain, you only need one wonder and a city 25 - 30 sized to beat the AI's cities, and if they have any cities with more than 1 wonder. capture them first! Simple.

Er, ren. I think you missed the punctuation in goatman's sentence. What he meant was that the AI rarely, (or) never, gets a city in the top 5, and not that the AI rarely never gets one. The first version means that all the cities are his, the second one is the way you interpreted it. :)

I find that you can still shove the AI cities out of the top 5 with cities of size 30+, even if they have wonders. The Eiffel Tower is a waste of shields and only worth a few points at the end of the game so I let the AI build it. Even so, the city with the Eiffel Tower in doesn't appear in the top 5 whereas I've got a size 32 city there without any wonders. Does anyone think that cities whose wonders have expired are less likely to get into the top 5 than a smaller city whose wonder is still good? That'd explain a couple of things, but the Eiffel Tower doesn't run out so that's a mystery. The order could be based on the Civ score though, with 5 for a wonder and 2 for a happy person. That would suggest why my city of Swazi at size 32 with almost half happy people (score of 48 or so) is in the top 5 when Pasagardae (population 16, Great Library) is not. I can't be bothered to experiment because mine's the Playstation and it would be cheating to play extra turns without saving, but maybe when I have launched my SS I might play on and try out some of these things. What do you all think? :D

No chance for the Ai to build.At worst ONE wonder(oracle or colossus) and then no more until I capture it.Even in deity Ai
is weak.I'm not saying it is easy but a bit strategic;)

Top Bottom