AI more prone to declare war?

I miss RFC's medieval European chummy Christianity brotherhood. I tried several German starts and everybody declares war on me eventually (even France when they're ill-equipped to cause any harm), even though we're either all Islamic or Christian. This must be a result of using the generic BTS AI (instead of RFC-specific AI). Can we please have more solidarity when the religion is the same, at least in medieval ages?

Also, with any flips of cities, the AI inevitably declares war, regardless of their capabilities or civ (Romans, Greeks, Chinese, Vikings). (I captured all of "Greece" as Spain once) Did anybody notice any flips without war?

I haven't played RAND yet (I fear my dissertation must comes first) but I'm very glad to hear of the demise of the chummy Christian brotherhood, even though I'm more of a builder than a warmonger. I found the religious unity in RFC really undermined the historical feel of the mod. When playing a Western European civ, it was way too easy to just stay friends with my neighbours and concentrate without any interference on overseas expansion. In reality, inter-European competition and warfare has been the primary concern of European nations from the decline of the Roman Empire to the end of World War II.

I agree with what Lump said about European Religon but it was never big issue for me just a minor pain.

However I havent once expereinced a flip without war. On a couple of occasions as Turkey, France and Portugal its caused me wars that resulted in me restarting/quitting fairly soon after spawning. Its pretty irritating although on the same note I used to count on war from a flip as several Civ's in standard RFC.

In addition to the AI being more likely to go to war, I've found them to be waaaaaaaaay less likely to trade technologies in RAND. Anyone else find this to be true?

yeah, I've even seen the Mali not willing to trade (weird)

As America I flipped a Spanish city on my spawn and they didn't declare war. This game was weird thought with the fact that England had 2 cities on the west coast, spain had 1 and Portugal had a city on the east coast. I find this odd that the Europeans seem to colonize the west coast before the east coast. Anyone else noticed this?

AnotherPacifist is right about the war thing. I was a Jewish Spain and had an Atheist France declare war on me as well as an Islamic Babylon which came out of the blue and I may as well restart that game.

Top Bottom