ai not building harbor

papajohns

Prince
or is it just me....they dont build harbor..so i can trade with em unless i have road connection to them...

i found my indian neighbour to have a harbor in all their coastal cities, but the roman who were on the next island didn't even build 1!

It is likely to be adjustable under civ AI thing,
which can be adjusted it in civ editor.
it MAY cause other side effects, i haven't try yet. :rolleyes:

make harbors a prequesite for great wonders. I'm not sure if this REALLY forces the AI to build harbors - but it should. (At least I know that this works for libraries, so I would say it should work for harbors too.)

u can also do it the UK way.
build a city near them,
build a harbor in it and connect the roads
to their country's main road :lol:

:p

I am playing a game with a bunch of AI civs....Japan, China, England, India, Russia (there were more before they become assimiliated into my way of thinking).

I am able to trade with each of them and each country is more or less on its own continent. So they must be building harbors. However, I took in many German, French, and Russian coastal cities and none of them had a harbor remaining after I captured them. I don't know if they hadn't been built yet or if they were destroyed when I took the cities.

The ai build the harbor only if they have enough money each turn for it. So some ai build the harbor very late, because they think other buildings are more important. If pay this player much gold (if you have it) then he should build it. Or you can use the Civ3multitool to edit the cities of this player and insert the harbor in the city/cities you want.

One way to fix this is give all civilization the "Build Trade" AI strategy. Right now, only Greece, France, India, Persia and England have that strategy enabled. That's why they usually have harbors and others don't. OTOH, there's a reason they don't, and enabling that strategy for civs that don't have it will weaken those civs in other areas.

well, when i played chieftain level, all other 15 rival civs had a harbor in each of their coastal cities. :)

Thread Moved
To: Civ3 - General
Reason: This is more of a general Civ3 question than a mod question.

A.i. built harbor when they discover navigation most of the time. Before navigation, you cannot cross ocean so you cannot trade. If a.i. went into an early war, it take a lots of time before they built harbor.

Top Bottom