[NFP] AI Razed a Capital City!

Someone from the Chinese community tested. So the tentative conclusion is that if AI cannot hold the city with a governor (i.e. loyalty pressure is worse than -8) then it will raze it.

That's consistent with my observation. I was playing Eleanor at the time and had Court of Love goin full blast on the capital in question.

Yeah just noticed this gran columbia razed inca capital. WIll try to edit global parameters?

That's the problem. The Global Parameters are set correctly. What is going on has to do with something inside the coding that we can't see.

Of course, once it's fixed you can always go back and change the Parameters to allow razing of all cities. I'm still thinking this may be more interesting than the old rules. ;)

Yeah, it's like, when the AI takes your city my reaction is usually, "Who cares, I'll just reconquer it or wait for it to rebel and flip back to me." But if I knew there was a chance that it might be razed, maybe I'd be less casual about it!

Did happen to me 3 times the last few weeks. Bugs created by the recent updates :(
I play on XBox - Gathering Storm (no New Frontier yet).
In two games the AI razed City States, although the game still does not allow me to.
And once it razed my Capital! I was playing with Spain on Epic Immortal, and the French backstabbed me because of my weak start & lack of walls. All times the game describes as "They razed a 'lost city' ".
I was not even upset by that, just perplexed... and insulted... was my capital so bad they didn't even bother keeping?

Firaxis & Aspyr really got to fix these bugs... spoiling a great game... that's one reason why I'm in no rush to buy the Frontier Pass.
Too many crashes on console, Great Works screen inaccessible after certain point in game, the crazy graphic glitches when aiming to city-bombard a unit etc.

Top Bottom