AI Research cost

vladisimo

Chieftain
Hello, I have a question about the AI tech research cost on King or Emperor. I couldn t find out if they have to research 100% of the tech cost on KING or Emperor like a human has to. I searched the tables with the bonuses they recieve but I either can t see anything related to that in them.

Yep, I just don't get it. King is waay too easy now and on emperor even though on info addicts I'm doubling the research output of let's say somebody like egypt (cause they had literaly 2 times less scienece than me in the game I was playing) they somehow are 2 techs ahead of me. I had 6 cityes so it's not like I was spaming them like crazy. It's just frustrating that even though I'm outsciencing them by so much they are still somehow ahead.

Are you researching more expensive techs than they are? Like, if you were to beeline Nat'l College right from the start, you would be skipping Archery and Mining while spending beakers on (more expensive) Writing, Calendar, and Philosophy. Meantime, AI is probably researching techs largely by column. Sure, that's gonna put them ahead (temporarily) by the NUMBER of techs, but if you are indeed cranking out higher beakers, you're still ahead of them.

Are you researching more expensive techs than they are? Like, if you were to beeline Nat'l College right from the start, you would be skipping Archery and Mining while spending beakers on (more expensive) Writing, Calendar, and Philosophy. Meantime, AI is probably researching techs largely by column. Sure, that's gonna put them ahead (temporarily) by the NUMBER of techs, but if you are indeed cranking out higher beakers, you're still ahead of them.
We were prety deep in the game, like I already had public schools at that point. I thought that the AI has reduced research cost on higher difficulties like emperor, but it doesn t seem to be like that when I read the difficulty tables. Lincoln's America was the only one who actualy produced slightly more science than me yet hilariously he was far behind in tech while Libya and Egypt whom both were making 1/3 of my science had 2 more techs than me. Can info addicts maybe be inaccurate ?

We were prety deep in the game, like I already had public schools at that point. I thought that the AI has reduced research cost on higher difficulties like emperor, but it doesn t seem to be like that when I read the difficulty tables. Lincoln's America was the only one who actualy produced slightly more science than me yet hilariously he was far behind in tech while Libya and Egypt whom both were making 1/3 of my science had 2 more techs than me. Can info addicts maybe be inaccurate ?
That late in the game it's normal for you to come ahead of the AIs, nothing weird there.

That late in the game it's normal for you to come ahead of the AIs, nothing weird there.
That was the thing , I wasnt getting ahead of a couple of them in Research even though I was outproducing them in science 3 to 1. But I did get past that problem eventualy, I jus wasn t developing and maximizing my city 's outputs enough.

Top Bottom