AI stealing CS allies

durannarud

Chieftain
I hand't played Civ5 since the original came out and I noticed in the latest patch the computer seems cleverer, which is great... but then I'm left with this issue.

I have my CS allies (as did whatever was left of my opponents on my continent) and this nation from another continent keeps going through them and stealing them. I didn't know it was possible to steal a CS ally unless you lose ally status first...

I assume the computer just throws money at them until they switch. Which would be ok, as long as they didn't do it to ALL the CSs on my continent.

So, how do I counter this? Naturally, I could throw money at them until they switch back, but I wanted to know if there were other ways to ensure this doesn't happen to begin with.

Throw money at them to switch them back and then Declare war on Greece. That way they cant buy them back and you end up wrecking their economy by taking Alexanders cities.

Another Option is the Patronage tree.

There is only one way of preventing and AI from dumping gold on CSs and it's to get them into a war with those CSs. It can be done in 2 ways, either you get your allies back to "ally" and then DoW the rich AI purchasing them. Else, you bribe that civ to DoW CSs (it will only work to those CSs he is not allied with obviously). After 2 DoWs towards CSs, one becomes into a permanent war and more often than not, more and more CSs join into that perma war.

Another indirect way is to keep selling as many luxuries/resources to the AI that is the richest/most CS oriented (greece and siam beeing the most annoying ones) in order to keep their stack low...but on higher difficulties where AIs are rich as f, the only real option availible is to get a war between AI and CS at some point to push them down to -60 rep.

Top Bottom