1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI use of Air Force

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by RDomico, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

@Mummiesforpeace It would also be helpful to know at what difficulty level you were playing at.

2. Mummiesforpeace

Mummiesforpeace Chieftain

3. DrJambo

DrJambo Crash-test dummy

My experience the same. Occasionally seen an Aerodrome or city populated with an aircraft, but I'm yet to see them use it. This patch is appalling.

4. BuzWeaverCiv

BuzWeaverCiv Warlord

I've not seen them build AA Unites since the game launched. I've not made any AA's since the game launch. I've not seen any need/reason to make them. I do enjoy making 4 bombers. With 4 bombers I can own a map.

5. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

I finally shot an enemy bomber down. Got hit with 3 bombers by Catherine. Moved a fighter over, next turn it shot down a bomber.

6. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Tile bombarment animation seems broken right now?

I just get a tile pillage notification and see my tiles pillaged. I've been so confused when this happens from time to time then realize a barb may have bombarded a tile via a submarine or an AI Civ did so with their bombers.
    There should at least be a different notification icon for when this happens and or an option to turn on bombardment animation for those who don't mind.

7. valerislysander

valerislysander Chieftain

Just finished my first game since patch and i can safely say AI is using planes!! I attacked Kongo late game and it turned out they had bee-lined there tech and were well ahead of me in building planes. I though ah it wont matter took my land army to them, very quickly i had no land army as there 8 or so bombers that i could see took them all out. He used his bombers every turn after war. I ended up losing to him as he got a culture victory as I couldnt get my Air units up in time!
    Good patch actually, some really good AI improvements.

sonicmyst likes this.
  8. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I'm in the home stretch of a Domination Victory, and I can report that the AI is certainly building planes, but its use of them is a little sketchy.

I invaded Macedon and he managed to strafe me with his Fighters a couple of times (pretty effective since my Infantry had no air support). But at one point before I was taking his capital, Alex just shuffled his Fighters uselessly between cities instead of actually attacking my units (which would have been pretty nasty since I didn't have AA yet). I did see Alex use a Bomber to take Auckland a few turns later.

After Alex was done, I launched a fleet over to invade Pedro. He had a Biplane in his city too but didn't use it. At this point I had some AA units with me, so maybe that put him off, but I wouldn't count on it.

It seems there is some improvement, but as with land units, the AI has issues with target prioritisation and movement.

9. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff