[R&F] AI will always choose Fascism in my games

Bitterman

Warlord
Like title says.

I was trying a cultural victory with Kongo when I noted that every single civ apart from me (communism) had fascism as a tier 3 ideology. I thought it was weird so I loaded some of my previous games to check how it was back then (6 games in total). And yeup, they were all fascists as well, with maybe one ocassional democracy and zero communism.

The only mod I used in those games (and always use) is Smoother Difficulty, but I find it difficult to believe it has something to do with this since that only adds consistent bonuses to the AI through the ages. I also use CQUI but that could be hardly related to this problem.

What are your experiences in this regard? It is the AI somehow naturally inclined to take Fascism over other options?

There was a similar issue with Monarchy a while back. Maybe AI tends to pick the government with the most military policy slots for some reason?

There was a similar issue with Monarchy a while back. Maybe AI tends to pick the government with the most military policy slots for some reason?

The Monarchy issue was much more egregious, as the AI wouldn't shift out of Monarchy even into one of the Tier 3 governments. At least Fascism is Tier 3, although for anyone other than someone going for a Domination victory (i.e., not the AI!) it's likely the weakest of the three. It does make it harder to attack the AI late game, I suppose, but if you were going to warmonger, the AIs are likely to all be gone well before Ideology rolls around.

Presumably this is something that's best addressed once the final game rules for Civ 6 are set. Spending time coding the AI to select the best government in it's situation likely isn't worthwhile until the final expansion is out.

I always thought some civs were biased towards certain governments based on their design. Seems like I always see Kongo go for Democracy in my games and Macedon go Fascism. But I admit I haven't been paying attention lately. My last game as Mongols didn't go long enough to reach tier 3 governments.

Same here. AI almost always takes fascism. I can't remember a recent game where they didn't take fascism.

AI cannot take Fascism if it never reaches it. Which is the case in my games.

I really haven't had this issue, I see democracy quite often. Usually it's democracy or fascism but rarely communism. Is there a possibility that they shift into whatever government they get the inspiration for first?

I'm just going to assume since the AI often spams encampments they'll tend to have 3 military academies before they get three factories or sewers. That's probably why they pick up fascism so often.

I really haven't had this issue, I see democracy quite often. Usually it's democracy or fascism but rarely communism. Is there a possibility that they shift into whatever government they get the inspiration for first?

I'm just going to assume since the AI often spams encampments they'll tend to have 3 military academies before they get three factories or sewers. That's probably why they pick up fascism so often.

There's possibly an inclination for AI's to choose a government chosen by other civs, for the relationship boost. That might lead them to pursue the same Tier 3 government selected by most other civs. That was speculated as a possible factor in the older issue of the AI never abandoning Monarchy even after the Tier 3 governments became available.

That could explain games where all (most) AI's adopt Democracy. I've only observed the clustering on Fascism.

Top Bottom