1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Aid request...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Tech Osen, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

So I got hit by a flood and put out an aid request. All nine my opponents supported it, and now for 30 turns I get spammed every turn by at least half of them giving me another x gpt offer, every freaking turn... Find it rather annoying and the turns take forever having to click them all away each turn. Next time I'm not putting in the aid request.

Aid request.png

2. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

Downloading that picture was like returning to the 1990s. My poor Persians are due to get aid in my current game. So far, nothing. We're probably going to need another appeal as I've had two 1000 years floods within a few turns of each other. Last one just took out 6 citizens from my capital (13 down to 7!). Massive impact as that is my Pingala city.

3. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

Seems a difficult thing to solve. This is probably the expected AI behaviour for an aid request (so they do not commit more than they can handle, but keep challenge to win the Emergency).
    This is ok if it is an AI emergency (that is transparent to you), but yes, seems anoying if you have to accept all of their proposals.

Best quick solution I see, is that gold gifts are auto-accepted when you are in an emergency, without going through the diplomacy screen.

WillowBrook likes this.
  4. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Well, we went from a guaranteed DV point for the player before the update, to an annoying fight for the DV point from the AI. If I had to choose between the two, I choose the current state. At least in this the AI puts up a fight for the DV.

5. Kwami

Kwami Warlord

I'd rather that points were only awarded for completing the aid request project. The current points from gold idea isn't working.

6. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

But starting a 2gpt donation for 30 turns 2 turns before the aid request stops doesn't make sense, they'd be better of just donating 5 gold.

7. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

True, I am not saying that it works well now, only that at least now you have to put some serious money in if you want to grab that DV point. Of course it needs much more tweaking (what doesn't in Civ 6?).

8. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Yea, I got my first aid request now. They could probably be more sane about it, yes but I'm not complaining about the extra gold.

And there was an emergency against me too.... silly World Congress. I also agree that gifts shouldn't really work like that and it should only be send aid.