Airplanes and Submarines?

Depends how long and how many eras there are, though. If there is an era between the industrial era and the modern era then I think that it would work.

I really hope they don't have it. Civ5 in its final state had a problem with too often unit upgrades, IMHO. WWI war era is something which could be safely removed.

I really hope they don't have it. Civ5 in its final state had a problem with too often unit upgrades, IMHO. WWI war era is something which could be safely removed.

Well, whatever the case, I thought that the later stages of Civilization 5 were quite dull. I hope Civ VI has a much better late game as well as a much better final victory acknowledgement. :)

Wouldn't mind some more buildup to the air wars with balloons-> zeppelins -> unmanned aircraft/drones; triplanes -> normal airplanes -> jet planes -> stealth planes.

However, if it is not to be and it's just airplanes/bombers and jet planes/stealth aircraft then I won't lose any sleep about it.

I love aviation and u-boats. I spend so much time studying subs during WWII, and I am super excited to see how they will be reworked in Civ VI.

Sorry to ask, but how old are you :eek:
Or maybe it's a wrong choice of words, I don't know :lol:

On topic; hot air balloon could be an upgrade of the reckon unit, leading to drones and whatnot.

I felt that way initially, but after several sessions of Brave New World I found myself taking a liking to the fact that each upgrade was less of a giant leap up and you didn't get an absurd advantage by just being one military tech ahead of everyone else. (Especially in the original release when musketmen and riflemen were just a few dozen turns away from each other in tech and you could wreak havoc on the AI by beelining it.)

I'd like to see hot air balloons as the first air units. They would pop up in the industrial era. They wouldn't have any combat strength and would have limited range.

Age of Empires 3 had a Air Balloon unit, which was slow but able to uncover a large portion of the fog of war. Was a little bit OP, since it was unattackable by ground units and could be used as a spotter for heavy artillery.

I hope we get a first look video on navy and air force, I wonder will they stack to fleets.

Age of Empires 3 had a Air Balloon unit, which was slow but able to uncover a large portion of the fog of war. Was a little bit OP, since it was unattackable by ground units and could be used as a spotter for heavy artillery.

Yes, I remember that. :)

Hopefully it'll be better balanced if it makes it into Civ VI.

Does anyone know if they will have triplanes and landships added to this game? I notice the artillery looks WWIish.

Well, whatever the case, I thought that the later stages of Civilization 5 were quite dull. I hope Civ VI has a much better late game as well as a much better final victory acknowledgement. :)

Wouldn't mind some more buildup to the air wars with balloons-> zeppelins -> unmanned aircraft/drones; triplanes -> normal airplanes -> jet planes -> stealth planes.

However, if it is not to be and it's just airplanes/bombers and jet planes/stealth aircraft then I won't lose any sleep about it.

I agree.

I dont know if anyone liked it but I REALLY loved Beyond the Sword for Civ IV. It really gave cool units and made me remember how much I loved Call 2 power 2.
In any event I would love 3 more ages PAST the current age we are which I am assuming is modern/Computers.

In the America Firstlook video a plane is circling around a city, reminded me about the planes in Civ 4.

Top Bottom