AIs only having 1 of each lux?

Bagi

Warlord
Anyone else running into this a lot? In G&K I would be overjoyed to get a start with multiple luxuries, but in BNW I'm really struggling to get rid of them. In the early game when its just you and and your neighbor it seems to work, but once the world congress hits I assume everyone instantly trades with everyone and I'm left with scraps. Its especially annoying as Indonesia when I'm forced to sell my precious cloves for crappy gpt. Or am I just really unlucky with this?

Also quite annoying how the AI constantly tries to put an embargo on my unique resources, apparently they hate anything they can't have for themselves.

Need to keep ontop of trades, don't let them lapse or AI will trade it away.

Also if you're friended with an AI with a DOF and they ask for your extra Lux for free; ALWAYS say YES.

Yea, you lose out on an income on that first trade, but when they renew it, you can cancel the trade and remake it as a gold > lux trade or lux>lux trade. I've kept a lux trade going for the same customer for the entire game on many of my games now, with the first trade often being a freebie.

AI will trade their surplus; they likely have multiple copies, but it's all traded away. When wars start you'll notice more luxuries becoming available as some trades are broken.

Yea its sort of annoying how the AI will pretty much instantly trade with each other for lux deals - forcing the player to manually keep an eye out for expiring deals turn by turn. There should be some sort of way to set a: "Looking for X luxury" and "willing to trade "X" Luxury" mechanism so in singleplayer it would lead to a more enjoyable game. A small mechanism though that probably could be modded in and whenever the looking for/willing to trade condition was met a notification would be given

Yea its sort of annoying how the AI will pretty much instantly trade with each other for lux deals - forcing the player to manually keep an eye out for expiring deals turn by turn. There should be some sort of way to set a: "Looking for X luxury" and "willing to trade "X" Luxury" mechanism so in singleplayer it would lead to a more enjoyable game. A small mechanism though that probably could be modded in and whenever the looking for/willing to trade condition was met a notification would be given

I was thinking this too the other day, it would be nice with a looking for trade, setting up a resource you want to trade for another, maybe even able to set what you will trade it with, a bit like Great Work swapping.

Seems to me that with the Great Works swap screen Firaxis has already laid a foundation for a "I've got this luxury... trade me one of yours" screen.

Do you guys ever think "damn if I was a really talented coder I could mod this myself!" Because lux-swapping is a nice idea (auto ofc).

I've done a few mods, but my expertise begins and ends with XML. If any mod needs more than that... I'm a lost puppy. I suppose I could actually learn the other codes, but I'd much rather spend time playing the game... especially until I've beaten the game with all the new civs. ;)

One thing that I'd recommend is trading with the AI for that one remaining resource. Yes, the AI hates giving you a fair deal on that last resource, but, if they are friendly with you, it will only cost a few of your surplus resources that you were trying to get rid of anyway. However, now that you have a trade going, the AI will not renew its deal with other AIs, so they will keep an extra copy of that resource. Now, when it comes time to renew the deal in 30 turns, the AI will have two copies of the goodie and you can trade your luxuries one-for-one. :)

Top Bottom