All Leaders Challenge 01 - Prince, Conquest, Alexander of Macedon

State of the Empire, 1270 AD

Let’s begin with the entirety of the empire in three images, from the north, to the south, to the east.

As we can see, expansion is complete, territory is heavily improved, and things have progressed nicely. The only thing that might provoke me to make new settlers is the shortage of niter.

In terms of technology, I have a slight lead, but not as much as I’d hoped. Rome has 33 to my 37, and Germany and Russia are nipping at Trajan’s heels with 30. Tomyris just isn’t in it at 26. Clearly I should have beelined the military techs earlier. Either way, I shouldn’t wait too much longer. A few more upgrades, and I need to be off.

In terms of victory conditions, I seem the closest. Ludwig has 6 of 20 diplomacy points, and while Peter has converted a lot of cities, he has a long way to go.

Back to domestic items…

I’m maintaining the government to upgrade things, though I will likely swap in more builder-friendly cards before the age ends. I did consider Monarchy though, and may swap during the next war. Alternatively, we could beeline fascism. Was Alexander fascist? I don’t know, but he did have his own general and historian put to death, so that may say something!

24 cities is definitely overkill. While the economy is coming back online, I feel like much of this was a distraction. I could also have probably saved myself some settlers with more canny decisions.

Based on their proximity, a war of conquest might be slightly time consuming, but not untenable.

Rome should be the easiest target. As the opposing tech leader, that’s also convenient.

One unfortunate problem is that as we approach the end of the Renaissance, we’re 8 points short of avoiding a dark age. I don’t know that the golden age is critical, but I imagine dark age loyalty penalties make it tough to invade and hold territory. I’d like to try to remedy that.

After that, I think my intention is to get a half-dozen line infantry, bombards, and frigates updated, then launch them at Rome with reinforcements to follow.

Anyway, that wraps up the state of the empire.

Attachments

• ALEXANDER 188 1270 AD - Copy.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Top Bottom