1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All my units lost their abilities

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Derwinian, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Derwinian

Derwinian Chieftain

I just recently started trying Civ4:BTS mods and I got ffh2. I was playing a prince game on marathon and around turn 800 I noticed that my units could no longer use any of their abilities. The buttons were gone for my adepts spells. And I could no longer hire mercenaries though I had the wonder for it and had a couple I had hired long ago. My heroes like Bambur didn't have the buttons for their special abilities either, but they had been there earlier in the game and I had used some. Somehow the buttons to cast all of these abilities were simply gone.
    I'm unsure if this is something that's supposed to happen and I simply don't know about it, or if some AI player did something, or if its a bug. If anyone could shed some light on it I would deeply appreciate it.
    Thank you

2. Valerarren

Valerarren Chieftain

One possibility is that the Amurites cast their worldspell (this stops other civs from using spells/abilities). Although I didn't know that that stopped merc hiring.

3. Y T

Y T Kourier

Well,
    in FFH each Civ plays completly different, not only different unique units or buildings also different mechanics and a unique socalled onetime Worldspell. (exception there aswell!)
    From your explanation I guess you have the Amurites as opponents, they heavily emphasize on magic & their worldspell disrupts any spellcasting for a given time.
    Normally theres an infocounter displayed in the lower right telling you so with the time remaining.

For example the Illians can cast Stasis disrupting research & production (Culture & GPP including), whereas other Civs Worldspells destroy Improvements/population or help with defence.

4. Spectral-Fremen

Spectral-Fremen Chieftain

I'd put money on this being the reason.