All my units lost their abilities

Derwinian

Chieftain
I just recently started trying Civ4:BTS mods and I got ffh2. I was playing a prince game on marathon and around turn 800 I noticed that my units could no longer use any of their abilities. The buttons were gone for my adepts spells. And I could no longer hire mercenaries though I had the wonder for it and had a couple I had hired long ago. My heroes like Bambur didn't have the buttons for their special abilities either, but they had been there earlier in the game and I had used some. Somehow the buttons to cast all of these abilities were simply gone.
I'm unsure if this is something that's supposed to happen and I simply don't know about it, or if some AI player did something, or if its a bug. If anyone could shed some light on it I would deeply appreciate it.
Thank you

One possibility is that the Amurites cast their worldspell (this stops other civs from using spells/abilities). Although I didn't know that that stopped merc hiring.

Well,
in FFH each Civ plays completly different, not only different unique units or buildings also different mechanics and a unique socalled onetime Worldspell. (exception there aswell!)
From your explanation I guess you have the Amurites as opponents, they heavily emphasize on magic & their worldspell disrupts any spellcasting for a given time.
Normally theres an infocounter displayed in the lower right telling you so with the time remaining.

For example the Illians can cast Stasis disrupting research & production (Culture & GPP including), whereas other Civs Worldspells destroy Improvements/population or help with defence.

Top Bottom