All Random Prince

Why such a rush to The Wheel here? What will roads give you? They're a waste of time at this point. Generally, you should be putting roads off as long as possible. If you need the health or happiness bonus (you don't here), you build a road. If you need a road for a trade route between cities, you build a road. If you need to hook up a strategic resource (copper, iron, horses) for military development, build a road. And if your workers are idle with nothing better to do, build a road. If none of those are the case, odds are good that researching The Wheel is a waste of valuable beakers you could be spending elsewhere, and actually building the roads is a waste of valuable worker-turns you could be using to develop your empire.

Why such a rush to The Wheel here? What will roads give you? They're a waste of time at this point. Generally, you should be putting roads off as long as possible. If you need the health or happiness bonus (you don't here), you build a road. If you need a road for a trade route between cities, you build a road. If you need to hook up a strategic resource (copper, iron, horses) for military development, build a road. And if your workers are idle with nothing better to do, build a road. If none of those are the case, odds are good that researching The Wheel is a waste of valuable beakers you could be spending elsewhere, and actually building the roads is a waste of valuable worker-turns you could be using to develop your empire.
the wheel is a prereq for pottery, which you need for cottages

Based on the fact that I've made several mistakes in the game setup, such as map size, length, etc

Map size and game speed are matters of personal taste - I don't like to play Huge/Marathon, but if you do, then do so :)

If you're keen to improve your game, I recommend the Noble's Club series. The latest one is here, and is a large-size map using Suleiman of the Ottomans. You can choose the Noble-level save (with or without huts), then run a Custom Scenario and set all the other parameters you want like game speed, difficulty, and whether events are on.

Top Bottom